Jack Van Impe ministry abandons TBN over Chrislam

Play

From World Net Daily:

A Christian ministry’s decision to expose as “false teachers” several celebrity ministers it believes are corrupting biblical teachings has prompted a rift, with Jack Van Impe Ministries dropping plans to work in the future with Trinity Broadcasting Network, where it has broadcast for more than two decades.

“I Will Not Be Silenced! I will not allow anyone to tell me what I can and cannot preach,” Van Impe said in a statement when TBN would not allow his program to air.

“When I see heretical teaching leading to apostasy, I will speak out,” he said. “The Bible says ‘All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:’ (II Timothy 3:16). The Apostle Paul also gives instructions in Titus 1:9-11, 13 ‘Holding fast the faithful word as he hath been taught, that he may be able by sound doctrine both to exhort and to convince the gainsayers. For there are many unruly and vain talkers and deceivers … Whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole houses, teaching things which they ought not, for filthy lucre’s sake…Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith.'”

Van Impe said he immediately called his media agents and told them, “I no longer wanted to air my program on Trinity Broadcasting Network; we will take the tremendous amount of money that we were spending there to obtain new stations that will allow us to continue to reach every square mile of America with the truths of the Bible without this network.”

The dispute arose over the issue of advocating for “Chrislam” and other efforts that are designed to find “common ground” between Christians and Muslims. TBN declined to air one of Van Impe’s programs that contained sharp criticisms of leaders such as Rick Warren of “The Purpose Driven Life” fame and Robert Schuller.

In a statement from Van Impe Ministries today, Executive Director Ken Vancil said his organization rejected an effort by TBN to reinstate the programming and would work to develop alternative broadcast outlets where they were needed.

“We would not be able to minister effectively if we had to look over our shoulder wondering if a program was going to be censored because of mentioning a name,” Vancil said. “While there is hurt over this incident, we hold no animosity towards TBN. Dr. Van Impe has often expressed his appreciate to Paul and Jan (Crouch, of TBN) and all that they have accomplished.”

But he confirmed that Paul Crouch Sr. “cautioned” him as recently as Monday “regarding Dr. Van Impe’s naming of names and publicly rebuking ministers and their teachings.”

The dispute erupted just last week, when Van Impe’s ministry planned to air sharp criticism of Christians who say they want to “reach out” by incorporating beliefs or practices of Islam into their Christian organizations.

The program specifically mentioned Warren and Schuller, prompting TBN to prevent the broadcast.

“We received a call from Matt Crouch of TBN informing us that they would not run that program. … The reason he gave was that we specifically mentioned Rick Warren and Robert Schuller and that it is TBN’s policy that broadcasters are not allowed to rebuke other ministries,” Van Impe said.

“This is a rather hypocritical statement in light of the fact that they have never said anything in the past when we have rebuked others such as Bishop Spong, Bishop Pike, and in the past few months Harold Camping and Rob Bell,” he continued. “They also stated that they would not run any future program where we offered our DVD Reclaiming & Restoring Biblical Christianity as a premium for a donation to our ministry. A DVD that exposes false teachers and the heresies that they proclaim.”

TBN did not respond to WND’s request for comment on the dispute.

Vancil said after TBN’s decision not to air the program that there was no future between the two groups.

“This was not an easy decision; we have had a relationship with TBN for 23 years. … But at this point we feel it is time to part ways,” he said. “We have been able to over the years develop an independent network of broadcast stations all across America as well as broadcasting on TBN and Daystar. Our media agents have worked diligently and determined that we need to add 14 stations to be able to continue fully covering every mile of America.

“Praise God I am pleased to announce that negotiations have progressed in these 14 markets and that contracts will be presented to the Van Impes for approval in a matter of days,” he said.

In the program that was cut, which remains available on the Jack Van Impe Ministries website, the ministry launches its campaign regarding “apostate ministers.”

Van Impe explains that the Bible prophesies a one-world government and a one-world religion during the end times, and his concern focuses on the move among some Christian organizations to adopt some Islamic thought and incorporate elements of Islam into their worship.

“We’ve got too many of these mush-mouth preachers. All they’re doing is two stories and a movie review,” he said. But the Bible actually outlines that its messages also are to “reprove and rebuke” Christians for failing to live for God.

According to the broadcast, “Chrislam is a term that may be used more often among apostate churches.”

Such Islamic and evangelical Christian leaders, the report explained, are working to find a way to promote “common beliefs the two religions supposedly share.”

Specifically cited were Warren and Schuller.

During a subsequent broadcast, also available on the ministry’s website, the advance of “Chrislam” thoughts and practices into Christian churches was described as a “tsunami of compromise.”

“This compromise is going to permeate Christianity,” Van Impe said. “I’m calling for the old-time religion to be restored.

“God called me to preach. And I will not stand down for any man, for any church, for any Christian organization,” he said.

The report noted that there are some Christian missionaries overseas who have “eliminated 91 verses in God’s Holy Word because they wanted to please Islam and the Muslims.”

Those references identify Jesus as the Son of God.

Other developments include moves by some Christian churches to remove clear Christian emblems such as crosses.

He said what churches need today is that “old time religion” and less “self-esteem psycho-babble.”

Criticized on the program were recommendations attributed to Warren that churches change music to a contemporary rock style, eliminate hymnbooks and the choir, eliminate the Sunday evening or Wednesday prayer services, remove the word “church” and refer to it as a “campus,” and reduce the use of the words “unsaved,” “lost,” “hell” and “heaven.”

Other ministries have voiced criticism similar to Van Impe’s.

Joe Schimmel, senior pastor of Blessed Hope Chapel in Southern California and chief of the Good Fight Ministries, openly has questioned whether church leaders are affirming Allah.

Schimmel, who is best known for “They Sold Their Souls for Rock n Roll,” which exposes satanic influences behind much of yesterday and today’s popular music and how it negatively influences youth, suggested in a WND column, “Could it be that we are witnessing the formation of the prophesied one-world religion under the Antichrist? (Revelation 13:1-18) ”

He cited Brian McLaren of the emerging church movement, who planned for an Islamic Ramadan celebration. And he mentioned Warren’s agreement to address the Islamic Society of North America, which “the Department of Justice categorized two years ago as a co-conspirator in financing a foreign terrorist group!”

Another church leader, Tony Campolo, “a proponent of the so-called ‘evangelical left’ claimed that ‘even if’ Muslims ‘don’t convert, they are God’s people,'” Schimmel wrote.

“Even more chilling is the fact that over 300 prominent Christian leaders signed a letter issued by the Yale Center for Faith and Culture claiming that world peace is dependent on Muslims and Christians recognizing ‘Allah’ and ‘Yahweh’ as the same God. This letter, titled ‘Loving God and Neighbor Together,’ was written in response to a signed document by 138 Muslim leaders titled ‘A Common Word Between Us and You.’ McLaren, Warren, Robert Schuller and Bill Hybels were just several of the signatories to this outright betrayal of Christ!” he said.

TBN previously had a conflict over its intolerance for criticism of Islam. It was in 2006 when Hal Lindsey, WND columnist and one of the world’s most popular non-fiction authors, clashed with the network because TBN wanted him to soften his views on Muslims. Lindsey refused.

Read more: Van Impe ministry abandons TBN in clash over Islam http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=311473#ixzz1PXo3BWNK

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

29 Responses to “Jack Van Impe ministry abandons TBN over Chrislam”

1. Bea K. #

I truly applaud Mr. Van Impe for standing by the message of the cross, and exposing what's going on behind these pulpits, especially when some are starting to "join hands" with 'religions' that have NO intention of accepting the 'true Gospel of the Kingdom'?

But wondered if he'd ever tried going to these ministers "face to face" first? Also, why not "get it ALL out there" by asking the Catholic Church (which he stands behind and constantly has high praise for their Popes), when they'll also follow God's Word by NOT continuing to pray to Mary (or even venerating her) or the saints either? Jesus said, "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life, no man cometh unto the Father but by Me" (John 14:6), so why are the priests and the Pope 'still allowing' prayers to Mary, her statues, and 'dead saints'???

What goes for Rick Warren, Robert Schuller (who refuses to even mention the word 'sin' and Joel Osteen either) and the rest, should go for others including the Catholics, who don't follow the statues of Jesus Christ shouldn't it? If the Catholics love God and Christ like they say they do but don't follow 'His' doctrines, then would not Isaiah 58:1 apply here and 2 Timothy 4:2,3,15-17 too?

We can't have it both ways, either Rick, Robert, and the rest (the Catholic Church and all others who don't follow God and Jesus too) are wrong , or someone is compromising God's Word. Am I wrong here or what?
    P.S. I pray for each and every one here that I've written about, that they will seek the true and living God and Jesus Christ before it's too late. God have mercy on and help us ALL.

June 17, 2011 at 4:06 PM Reply
    • Mike LeMay #

Thanks for joining in on the discussion Be a. To broad brush an entire denomination of people is dangerous I believe. I grew up Catholic and certainly have a few issues with some of the teachings. However, I personally know many Catholics who are born again believers. There are both saved and lost from every Christian denomination. Som Catholics for example do seem to worship Mary and look to her as an intercessor–this is obviously wrong! Many I know, however, do not do this and have the proper respect we all should have for her.

There is deception creeping in to every denomination these days. We need to be alert. By the way, from what I hear, Van Impe did go directly to TBN and discuss the issue before going public.

June 18, 2011 at 12:12 AM Reply
      • Connie #

I am : )a convert to catholic. The communion of saints r alive ….Mary points us to christ. Best to ask a priest or go to the Catholic Church re their beliefs god died for all wants all to be saved and knows our hearts. We don't know who is saved or not . We r not god. : )

September 2, 2013 at 6:51 AM Reply
    • Connie #

Please go ask the Catholic Church why they do what they do.. Don't assume u know . Every

September 2, 2013 at 6:45 AM Reply
  2. Bea K. #

Sorry, I meant to say the 'statutes' of Jesus Christ. It's Jesus or hell folks, God/Jesus loves us, but 'they' don't like our sins. Continue to pray for those muslims who are giving their lives to Jesus Christ, and others as well.

June 17, 2011 at 4:13 PM Reply
  3. james mark mangialet #

BIlly Graham always said when he preached it was all about Jesus Christ the SON of the Living GOD Acts 4:12.My eldest son fought in Iraq in the marines.Now my youngest son is a marine in Afganastan as i write this.Denominations doesnt get you to heaven Jesus BLOOD does!Italk about my boys,because Islam is not about Christ.They have to fight people who follow Islam they want us to be like them,they hate because Islam teach it!It is sad but true and watering down the gospel of Jesus Christ and say lets get together ,Jesus never said that we our one big happy family.WE where created in his image threw the first man Adam.But threw Chist can we be in his family.Jesus said who our my mother,brothers and sister,they that do the will of God and its Gods will that none shall perish but that all shall come to repentance2Peter3verse9 and you cnnot get sweet water and bitter water from the same fountain.You that read this know the scriptures and some are very educated ,but its about the HEART it is not about even doing good.YOU must believe in your Heart !that Jesus Christ is the only way John14 1-16 .THE GOOD is what you do after the Heart is changed the first letter of John will clarify ever THING !!so if my son dies fighting for our country God forbid!! I THINKS ITS FIND TO POINT OUT THOSE THAT LIE ABOUT THE TRUTH JESUS DID IN HIS DAYS ON THE EARTH !So in closeing Jesus said he that is not with me is against me,he that doesnt gather with me is scattered abroad

June 18, 2011 at 2:21 PM Reply
  4. james mark mangialet #

i ment Acts 4:12 after Billy Graham,s name on my reply

June 18, 2011 at 2:57 PM Reply
  5. Brian Merchand #

I received a facebook update from TBN earlier today. They were trying to rally support for their decisions on censoring your show. I followed to link only to find that almost all responces back to TBN were in your favor and I don't think TBN was expecting that. They soon pulled the post off of their site because it obviously backfired on them. I wrote the following letter to their post only to find it deleted moments later.
    I posted it again on a separate part of their facebook page only to find that I had been blocked from their site. I am so Angry that they censored my opinion. I am a Lamb of our most high God and deserve to be heard. Below is what I wrote.

"The word of God is based on absolute Truth. That being said I totally agree with the teachings of Jack Van Impe. There is nothing that Jack says that is not backed up by the Bible. I am one that wants the Truth and it is my business to receive the Truth. The whole purpose of watching TBN is our search for God and the Truth. Seek and ye shall find. I am seeking at TBN and do not appreciate the cencorship. If there are wolves among the sheep, we deserve to know. We all know that there are false prophets among us and some of these so called Ministries that bilk unsuspecting and generous followers of God out of their money. It would truly break my heart to think that TBN is harboring and protecting these false profits to keep from losing a little income. Although I haved loved TBN I have decided to follow the light and pull my financial monthly contributions. I will follow Jack Van Impe and Rexella where ever they go"

My wife and I totally support your decisions and I only wish we could be part of your Ministry. We look forward to your show each week and we are Blessed from your teachings. May God Bless and Keep you. May His Peace be with you.

Brian and Melissa Merchand

2434 E Baxter Rd Apt 3

Kokomo, Indiana 46902

June 18, 2011 at 7:33 PM Reply
  6. james mark mangialet #

If TBN is not doinging what the BIBLE commands all who say they believe,than what are they doing ? Why are they spending millions of dollars to air programs but dont back up those that preach the truth like DR.Jack and Hal Linsey.Iam 53 and listen to DR.Jack since i was 14 years old. God Bless TO All of those men and women who preach the TRUTH of THE GOSPEL of JESUS of CHRIST! And pray for my son LanceCorpral John Caleb Mangialetti and the 3/6 fighting in Afganastan USMC and all our men and woman in the armed forces !

June 19, 2011 at 1:12 AM Reply
  7. You can find all you need and the truth which shall set many free here.. .www.Trumpetcallofgodonline.com

The Lord is speaking to this generation…and we will be held accountable for everything spoke through His Holy Word and prophets.

I love you all…please pray and consider carefully that which I have posted…

June 25, 2011 at 5:58 PM Reply
  8. I totally agree with Mr. VanImpe. I've listened to him for over 25 years and he definitely stands on the Word of God. We need more that will not compromise. God bless Jack and Roxela.

July 21, 2011 at 6:46 AM Reply
  9. Catherine #

MR. VAN IMPE I APPREACIATE YOUR BRAVERY TO STAND FOR THE GOSPEL TRUTH. THANK YOU FOR NOT SELLING YOUR MINISTRY OR OUR SAVIOR OUT.

October 2, 2011 at 6:07 PM Reply
  10. John #

What satan means for harm, |God uses for his good.Praise God for his word and truth! Keep loving the light. Praise Jesus

October 14, 2011 at 5:08 AM Reply
  11. sue c #

Hooray for Jack!!! It's about time someone started pointing out the Wolves in the church!! The fact that TBN didn't want him to, speaks volumes to me!!! I stopped watching them years ago… All the gold furniture, pink wigs, falseness, and begging for money,about made me puke. I do listen to a few that air on their channel, but very few!!! All this deception that is going on in the churches now days, makes me just want to stay in my house with my Authorized King James bible and not go or listen to anyone. So much deception in the churches. And if you dare point it out, people think your the crazy one!!! How sad, no wonder Jesus said "when I come back, will I find any faith left"!!! God help us all!!! Even so come quickly, Lord Jesus!!!!

October 16, 2011 at 6:15 AM Reply
    • Theresa Simione #

I am so saddened to hear these things – I do not watch much Christian TV but Jack Van Impe and wondered where he went to — I was checking out some things I heard about Rick Warren recently. Well I guess it is true – Keep the faith Jack and others and keep preaching The WORD of God – no compromise. May God reward you for your stand and may eyes be opened to this apostacy. Maranatha!

November 26, 2011 at 7:08 AM Reply
    • eileen odonnell #

I felt like I wrote that myself. I have been following Dr. Jack Van Impe since I was 17 years old. I am now 50. They live near me in Michigan and I met them several years ago. They are for real and the only evangelists around here worth listening to. Love my KJV Bible too. A friend spotted them eating at a coney island recently. They dont live in a mansion and they work harder at 80 years old than most people I know in their 20's. God Bless them and their life changing and life-saving ministry.

Eileen from Harrison Twp. MI

I also admire them for keeping their ministry in the detroit area. and not moving to palm springs or some beautiful place because it is not so great here. I have noticed all the big name ministries only come here in the summertime. including Joel Osteen and Joyce Meyers.

March 26, 2012 at 5:57 PM Reply
  12. Rosemary Deal #

I was wondering what happened to The Jack Van Impe program on TBN. I am so sorry that things like that are happening. I support The Van Impes on this matter. It is so wonderful that there are some standing in the gap. We need more people like this. The church today seem like they want their ears tickled or to hear feel good messages instead of the hard truth. You can't get around what the Bible says. We all need to take stock of our lives and make sure we are living the way The Bible says to live.

November 11, 2011 at 2:08 PM Reply
  13. joyce mccarter #

God bless you Jack VanImpe for standing up for the truth.

January 9, 2012 at 12:49 AM Reply
  14. Katie Hamilton #

That's TBN's loss! Keep preaching the Word of God and may Yahweh bless you and keep you!

March 27, 2012 at 2:09 PM Reply
  15. Elaine #

I am so thankful to the Lord for raising up strong men and women of God in these last days who are willing to live and die for the timeless truth of the Gospel of Jesus. It isn't about being right or better than the rest … it's about reaching lost souls for the Kingdom of Christ Jesus, and not allowing the enemy to interfere. These teachers who are straying from the "old time religion" as Dr. Van Impe likes to call it are not our enemies, "for we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in heavenly places." (Ephesians 6:12). If it weren't for men of God like Dr. Jack Van Impe and his wife and crew, and also for Joe Schimmel of "Fight the Good Fight" Ministries (an excellent place for teaching and learning resources), many of us – myself included, might be lured right into the trap these Chrislam advocates have also given into. Rexella and Dr Van Impe remind me to stay focussed on the Word of God, and they have helped me realize that my children need to be equipped more than ever with the truth of God's Word! In light of this new world religion that is removing the sacred name of Jesus Christ, the children's simple song "Jesus Loves Me" has taken on an even deeper, more profound importance!

May our hearts never become too hard to pray for those who are straying, and being misled unaware. And may Jesus come soon!!!!

Elaine
    BC, Canada

March 30, 2012 at 5:33 AM Reply
  16. John #

"Born again" ignorance drives me insane! Do you people believe the God of Judaism and Christianity are the same? I would assume you do. Then try to get this straight…."Allah" translated from Arabic means literally "the God". It's not His name!!!! The reason you see this "chrislam" movement is to try to get people to understand that these three religions are at least cousins and that common ground can be found. I agree wholeheartedly that as Christians we should never stand the removal of Christ from anything to appease people. But some common respect would be nice (on ALL sides) for the peace of the planet. And stop bashing the RCC! We (oh you got it now) have been around for over 2000 years. If you ever picked up a history book once in awhile you'd understand that and where you come from. Now in 2000 years we've had some time to make mistakes. We've had some bad popes. Definitely some bad priests. But do you mean to say that in the 400 or so years that Protestantism has reared it's head you have it all figured out and never make mistakes??? Wow. My biggest fear of "heaven" is the thought I will have to spend an eternity with hypocritical goofballs like most of you. As if all of this wasn't enough.

August 13, 2012 at 9:58 AM Reply
    • mrwebber35 #

You sound so much most bloggers who are Muslim, refering to the past as examples of why Christianity doesn't work. Very angry. Can't see you being of any great companion forever either. Better look inward before you start hirling insults. Try reading the Bible, Jesus's Sermon on the Mount would be a great starting point.

February 25, 2013 at 3:59 PM Reply
    • We certainly should have respect. But that does not mean we should agree with them, or join some of their religious thought to Christianity. Chrislam is a heresy, not a mutual respect. Muslims, unless they convert, are facing hell. We need to convert them, not join them.

August 31, 2013 at 12:50 PM Reply
  17. John #

Sorry….a couple more things. While you bash me and the RCC try to remember that if you are of European descent…you can bet your own ancestors were either Catholic or Orthodox. Although I'm sure being "amurkin" you will have little idea what that means. I got onto this site because I was curious about why Van Impe doesn't like Osteen. In any case I actually enjoy listening to both. I hope some of you will expand your minds a bit and understand that just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't mean you shouldn't listen to them. Your thoughts and beliefs are still your own. You will never convert them. They will never convert you. If you truly believe they're damned, pray for them. But dammit…..BE NICE. =)

August 13, 2012 at 10:15 AM Reply
  18. John, where in the world do you see Catholic bashing? We don't do that in our ministry, and I must be missing the spot on this comment thread where people are doing that.

We also don't allow namecalling. Just so you know for future posts.

August 13, 2012 at 10:34 AM Reply
  19. Kudos for standing firm against these heretics, Jack. While I disagree with his teaching on a pretrib rapture, he stands firm against the antichrist system which is infiltrating the church.

Christopher Perdue – Author of The Prewrath Rapture: Answering the Critics

August 31, 2013 at 12:38 PM Reply
  20. eric prince- #

this is bad,when the people are blind,they dont see the work of the evil 1
    open your sense all the people
    chrislam is the work of the devil,look at there country are they are they want to do a new religion mixte GOd with satan people stand up for JESUS and i am with you Jack Van it is time that we retourn to GOD before it is to late
    GOD bless

November 21, 2013 at 3:44 PM Reply
  21. Paul smit #

I saw Joel Osteen at my friends whilst visiting. I don't have TBN. I was shocked to hear an hour of self-esteem phycho-babble that was being lapped up like a dog by by strong believer buddy and those on the TV!

Folks you have the internet – get the truth! no more excuses.

The Word does not teach this nonsense.

January 2, 2014 at 5:28 PM Reply
  22. Ann Welsh #

This gal's(and her counsellors) lack of understanding about costs of internship within the costs to purchase and maintain facilities and the operation costs of a large organization and it's services does not strengthen this gal's story. Even her codependent expectations that the organization could freely help with moving (and shock that The Lord would open up her new neighbours to help), hinders her argument and portrays her as out of touch and perhaps an overprotected child with entitlement. The value of being hardened to difficulties, being resilient and flexible and able to function in real life go hand in hand with rigours of training. This gal needs to travel and experience the real world, get married and have children with multiple responsibilities and in general-grow up.

January 3, 2014 at 8:26 AM Reply