Amy is Editor and Writer for Berean Research. She has been a broadcaster and freelance writer for 25 years.

A Reiki warning: taking a stand

A couple of months ago one of our listeners heard a show we did on how the New Age was creeping into the church and into our culture. Practices that once were considered alarming to discerning Christians are now becoming accepted as mainstream, no-big-deal events. As we were sharing information about Yoga and Reiki, we received a call from Sandy, who has a story to share. She put her experiences in an email so that others could know that yes, it is good to stand up against practices that go against what God says is Holy and righteous.
Massage in Frankfurt, Germany

Good Morning Mike and Amy, here is my experience with Reiki.  Thank you and your guests for warning people.   I have never participated in Reiki, I warn those I encounter and I will continue to do so.  Please know, that part of this training was that I was to learn to experience my own deity.

When I was in school for massage therapy, I was required by the state of Wisconsin to learn about Reiki.  At the time, I was sickened by the thought, even though I didn’t know why.  The class was led by Reiki Masters, one man and one woman.  The woman started the class by leading a meditation session.  She told everyone to close their eyes, clear their minds and wait to see a color and then wait to see where they would go in their minds.

Everyone else closed their eyes.  I sat with my hands folded in front of me on the table and my eyes wide open and silently prayed.  I knew I needed help in this.  This was only the first event in and 8 hour day.

The instructor then went around the room and asked everyone to report what color they saw and where they went.  Classmates reported beautiful colors and wonderful places.  When it was my turn, I simply reported, “I am a Christian and I will not meditate this way.  Therefore, I didn’t see anything and I didn’t go anywhere.”  With a condescending “Oh”, she quickly moved on.

The day consisted of instruction.  I prayed, “Do I run?”  I calmly stayed in my seat and payed attention.  I was so at peace in the whole incident.  As the day progressed there was talk about the history of Reiki and its uses today.  They told us about the power in the universe and that eventually we could connect.  We needed to become aware of our own spiritual energy and healing powers and deity.

When we gathered after lunch we were to break into pairs.  I took a chair and quietly sat down.   The man would not make eye contact with me.  He looked my way, took a deep breath and rushed away.  The woman approached me and asked if I was okay.  I said, “I’m fine.  I told you I’m a Christian.  I will not participate in this.”  She said, “that’s okay, we don’t judge.”  I responded, “it doesn’t matter if you do judge.  I am not participating.”

What followed was weird.  It was as if they were in a trance.  I kept praying.

Another student approached me and said she didn’t want to do this either.  I asked her why.  She said she didn’t know.  We sat together and quietly talked.  As it turned out, I know her mother.  He mother is a Christian woman I know from a prayer group and we had prayed for this girl for years.  That’s another story, just a brief Praise the Lord I wanted to share.

We sat together and observed strange behavior as they proceeded to contact the universe.  Some broke down in tears, some wept, some laughed, some convulsed and some went lifeless.  Some of the behavior reminded me of what I read about Benny Hinn shows or Toronto or what I saw at a local church years back.  You could almost see and smell the evil in that room.

If this class would have been early in the program, I would probably have dropped out of the program.  I stayed in and learned how to move muscles.  Most of massage therapy is about moving muscles, relaxation and pain relief.

This was a strange 8 hours, but I knew the Lord was with me and protecting me.  He gave me opportunity to minister to a girl I had prayed for.  For the rest of the program, I had opportunities to share with my classmates.  Many were curious about why I wouldn’t participate.  I hope seeds were planted.

Since then, I continue to share with people about Reiki and other alternative services and why I won’t participate.

Many think this is harmless or even helpful.  I disagree.  Thank you for warning us about this.

Tags: , , , ,

44 Responses to “A Reiki warning: taking a stand”

1. I would be interested to know why Sandy did not participate as it is not clear tbh.
    I think the course should have asked her if she wanted to do it as it should be her choice – especially as the course she took was based on body massage, which Reiki is not.
    I do understand, even though I am at practitioner level, I don't practise Reiki as I prefer to use something that is more tangible like facial massage to relax a client (and relaxation is really the basis behind proper Reiki, rather than some mad spiritual enlightenment)
    I have never heard of the whole "close your eyes and tell me what colour you see" thing at all so I would suggest that comes from the individual teachers and should not be a part of Reiki attunement/training at all – so she is quite right to think it's nuts! :)

November 14, 2011 at 7:16 AM
    • terriergal #

"relaxation is really the basis behind proper Reiki, rather than some mad spiritual enlightenment"

The International Center for Reiki Training disagrees with you http://www.reiki.org/faq/whatisreiki.html
      "The word Reiki is made of two Japanese words – Rei which means "God's Wisdom or the Higher Power" and Ki which is "life force energy". So Reiki is actually "spiritually guided life force energy."

A treatment feels like a wonderful glowing radiance that flows through and around you. Reiki treats the whole person including body, emotions, mind and spirit creating many beneficial effects that include relaxation and feelings of peace, security and wellbeing. Many have reported miraculous results.

Reiki is a simple, natural and safe method of spiritual healing and self-improvement that everyone can use. It has been effective in helping virtually every known illness and malady and always creates a beneficial effect. It also works in conjunction with all other medical or therapeutic techniques to relieve side effects and promote recovery."

July 22, 2014 at 1:29 PM
    • We've met some of the student volunteers from the Paul Mitchell School at the sanctuary – they are amazing girls, very positive in their outlook of life and so energetic. What a great concept to do what you love to do while helping others.

September 16, 2014 at 5:45 AM
  2. Matthew LeMay #

I am a Christian who attends Church regularly and I have a deep, personal relationship with God and Jesus Christ. I am also a practitioner of traditional healing arts, with a specialty in Asian Medicine, in which I a currently hold a master's degree and am in the process of acquiring my clinical doctorate. I feel called to clarify the truth about "Reiki" and other healing practices and their relationship to the Christian faith.

Reiki is a modern, Japanese version of an older and more sophisiticated healing art called "Wai Qi" in China. One of the most rewowned practitioners of this art alive today, and the teacher of my teachers, is a Christian man named Duan Zhi-Liang, from a multi-generational Christian family in Beijing.

In China, a huge body of scientific research has been compiled on this subject, while in America such research has largely been lacking due to the fact that the biomedical establishment tends to view it as superstitious. I speak and read the Chinese language and have read numerous translations of the research being done in China. I am considering designing further research to replicate these findings in America. Naturally, I am saddened to see that my father's radio show is spreading fear and misconception about the scientific work that I am involved with, but I am apt to believe that it is due to misunderstanding since I know he has a good heart. Just what "Reiki" is has already been determined conclusively, so there is no further need for fear or dismissal and I hope to demonstrate that below.

Reiki is simply the adjustment of the human magnetic field by individuals trained to sense and work with it. It is not religious healing and is not, strictly speaking, associated with any New Age faith or any religion for that matter. It is simply scientific medicine as much as sampling blood work or prescribing vitamins, and it is practiced as such in Asia. The reason why it sometimes involves strong emotional cleansing or apparently "spiritual" phenomena is because the generator of the vast majority of the human magnetic field is the heart, and the heart is closely involved in emotional experience.

The heart is much more than a mechanical pump–its magnetic field is the strongest in the body, can be measured anywhere in the body, and is highly responsive to emotions and physical health/disease in very predictable ways. Measurements of the heart's magnetism can indicate a wide range of health and disease. Atheletes, meditators and other very healthy people have what is called a high Heart Rate Variability (HRV) which is related to particularly strong coherence of the heart's magnetic field. People who spend a lot of time in prayer also have similar readings. These things can be measure and re-proven with very simple, inexpensive scientific equipment.

The purpose of meditation according to traditional Asian Health Science is, strictly speaking, to "Calm and Regulate the Heart" (Tiao Ping Xue). It works on both the literal heart and on the brain's cognitive and emotional centers. This leads to a wide variety of physical and mental health benefits. It is science, not religion, though some religious groups, including a very large number of Orthodox and other Christians, use meditation to calm their heart/mind before they pray so that their prayer can be deeper. For more information on Christian meditation, please see the work of Father Thomas Merton.

Reiki practitioners are simply people who have trained to sense and regulate their own biomagnetic fields and thereby guide others to higher biomagnetic coherence states. When coherence is reestablished, you can see it on an EEG or other instruments–it is very literal, physiological change, which I have personally witnessed. In this state, people may have spontaneous mental, emotional or physical healing occur as the communication between the CNS and the body becomes more clear. Again, this is not religious phenomena and does not depend on what you believe spiritually. However, many spiritual people recognize the value of having a clear, healthy mental and physical state to deepen their religious life.

Meditation is without question an integral part of traditional Christian practice and remains so today. To demonstrate this, I would refer you to the works of several great masters of the Orthodox Christian faith, the oldest Christian church in the world, including Hieromonk Damascene, Hieromonk Seraphim Rose, Saint Seraphim of Sarov, as well as the Trappist Father Thomas Merton and the Benedictine Brother David Steindl-Rast. I would also refer you to documentaries on the phenomenal Christian Wai Qigong healer Duan Zhi-Liang. Therefore the fact that certain types of Reiki may utilize meditation should not be a bar to Christian participation. While Christians practice religious meditation on Christ, God the Father, the Theotokos, and the Holy Spirit, the type of meditation practiced by Reiki healers is physiological and secular– not religious in nature, but neither is it incompatible with religion.

Scientific research on meditation and reiki healing should continue, so that fear and superstition can be eliminated and people can enjoy the benefits of this simple medicine. Most "reiki" in this country is relatively superficial and aims primarily at relaxation as a complement to massage, etc. However, in China true Wai Qi, which requires much more rigorous training by practitioners (10+ years of daily practice), is even used as adjuctive care for cancer, with research clearly demonstrating that it can reduce and eliminate some types of cancer cells, including leukemia. Wouldn't it be nice if we could use this simple, inexpensive medicine without fear in America?

I believe that God is paving the way for this to happen. Some of the most serious practitioners and advocates of this medicine that I know are devout Christians, including ordained priests and monastics as well as lay followers and leaders.

I will leave you with this. While Wai Qi is not a religious practice, the research being done on it does have profound implications for the religious community and all those who believe in intelligent design, the necessity of spirituality and the power of prayer. People with a deep prayer life as well as spiritual healers show incredible readings on the measurement equipment! It seems from the science that humans are "wired" to seek God and that a relationship with God shows measurable physical and energetic benefits to human health. I have personally seen evidence that people with a true spiritual relationship with God produce more powerful readings that those who merely practice secular/physiological meditation. A professor at my school even demonstrated that prayer by one person can affect the brainwaves of another person from a distance! Not only is this great news for energy healers, it is important scientific evidence for intelligent design!

God has given us *plenty* of evidence that He is with us! Fear of things that are new or foreign is not a part of the Christian way– we must guard our hearts from things that glorify sin, evil and the flesh-ego, but we should keep them open to healing and love. Jesus said that we, His followers, would do great things if we worked in His name and line. Science and religion do not have to be opposed, and Christians and non-Christians can have a meaningful dialogue about the mind, body and spirit and the nature and role of healing in both mundane and spiritual life.

I hope that well-intentioned Christians like Sandy will be able to transcend their fear and participate fully in the Communion of the Holy Spirit, the legacy of Truth, Light and Healing that was bestowed upon the followers of the Supreme Incarnation of the Logos, Jesus Christos.

November 19, 2011 at 10:28 AM
    • Matthew,
      Do you know of any Christian instructors for Reiki or Wai Qi in America?
      The Bible states in 1 Corinthians 12:4-11, "4 Now there are varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit; 5 and there are varieties of service, but the same Lord; 6 and there are varieties of activities, but it is the same God who empowers them all in everyone. 7 To each is given the manifestation of the Spirit for the common good. 8 For to one is given through the Spirit the utterance of wisdom, and to another the utterance of knowledge according to the same Spirit, 9 to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by the one Spirit, 10 to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another the ability to distinguish between spirits, to another various kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues. 11 All these are empowered by one and the same Spirit, who apportions to each one individually as he wills."

I am a born again Christian and I believe the the Holy Spirit has given me the gift of healing, I am looking for Christian instruction on how to learn more about utilizing my gift.
      Thank you!

April 20, 2014 at 10:04 AM
    • terriergal #

"Reiki is simply the adjustment of the human magnetic field by individuals trained to sense and work with it."

Yes, well, unfortunately, the electrical fields around our bodies are determined by body chemistry, not by people pushing it around with their hands or their own electrical fields. THAT is the quackery (at best) and spiritual (at worst) element in this thing.

July 22, 2014 at 1:31 PM
    • Joe #

I think it's easy to complicate Christian doctrines when you try to develope "science" for what God's Word says. I truly believe Reiki is Satan's counterfeit to Christ's healing through His Holy Spirit mainly because it does not focus our attention on Jesus(as Reiki teaching says we can draw energy from the universe). Also because if we are truly following and adhere to the Bible as complete Truth we see through the scripture that everyone who was filled with the Holy Spirit and who had the gift of healing was a believer of Christ as the savior of the world and God's only son. Well Reiki teaching states that you do not need to believe in God to be a healer so right there that is a contridiction and as a Christian I know God does not contradict himself or His teachings. We as Christians can heal by praying in the name of Jesus Christ by the power of the Holy Spirit! If you feel you are called as a healer, "seek first the Kingdom of God and all these things will be added onto you." Matthew 6:33 I guarantee you that if you go that route you will see many powerful healings be done through you (not because of you) because it is done by God's power (not the universe's energy).

December 17, 2014 at 12:13 PM
      • John #

Joe, I'm a believer, and always have been. Though, as the saying goes. 'The proof is in the pudding'. There are things that I am going through now, that no amount of Prayer is helping with (I'm not suggesting it won't at all :) ) … And things like Reiki have been an immense help. So, what do we do in that situation.. If someone KNOWS that reiki, or other healing forms will help them… but instead, sit in suffering, and try to Pray it away? How do we think Jesus healed? How did God heal? ( Genuine questions).. Perhaps when Jesus healed those around him, there was some sort of spiritual energy involved? Please understand that this message comes from the heart of someone who is truly trying to see both sides. You make some really great points in your statement. I just feel us Christians (I'm Orthodox myself), forget that, although we see Jesus as the way and the light, that there were other people on this Earth who never heard his teachings, that there were modes of healing and cultures thousands upon thousands of years before Jesus ever walked this Earth. What did they do? Are they just damned to suffering because they didn't know him? I don't think so :) To me, that sounds like the whole.. 'My way is the only way' argument which starts wars. It's sad.

(Forgive my rant, the last part wasn't necessarily against anything you stated) :)

December 21, 2014 at 7:49 PM
        • Susan #

Thank you John for your reply. I do energy work and above all I am a Christian and Orthodox. I think it's the practice that people put behind their work is what turns off so many Christians. There are a lot of pagans that do this work but we cannot classify everyone as the same. I Believe it's called judgment? I have helped a lot of people through my work and I think God every day for letting me do this work. I am glad that the healing work has worked for you. Wishing you well.

April 24, 2015 at 4:19 PM
    • Reader #

What an honest intelligent response!! Many christians (and members of other groups) seem to take joy in condemning unusual practices like energy healing and meditation. Can't be helped, I suppose. But it's good to know that not everyone is so ignorant and self satisfied.

January 5, 2015 at 2:31 AM
      • standupwi #

Just so we are clear, "Reader" and "Joe Comment" are the same person.
        Carry on.

January 5, 2015 at 9:06 AM
  3. Matthew LeMay #

For those who are very interested in the science side of this issue, I should add that the current state of research on the topic suggest that the physiological effects of Wai Qi also include modulation of far infrared, microwave, gamma, and bio-photonic elements. DNA has also been demonstrated to be responsive to and conducive of biomagnetic fields, which may explain the effects vis a vis the treatment of cancer.

November 19, 2011 at 10:53 AM
    • John #

Thanks for this answer Matthew! Isn't it sad that it received so many thumbs-down, when all you were doing is stating facts that EVERYONE should be curious, and excited about. I swear there are people paid just to get on this site and just thumbs down anything by anyone that isn't just saying. "Only through Jesus, everything, and everyone else can go jump!" lol. And by the way, I'm a believer.. and it really angers me people are like this. Some Christians are positively some of the most damn ignorant folks I've encountered. My own brothers and sisters.. its a tragic. I'm sure there were many people who even looked at Jesus himself performing the miracles he did back in the day who questioned it, thinking it was the work of the devil.

December 21, 2014 at 7:53 PM
      • She sure did take joy in judging (a sin, mind you), when the man and woman were not judging her. That says a lot about what sort of Christian she is. I can just picture her mouth in a prim, tight line as she glared at the "sinners". What a waste. John, thank you for representing true Christianity.
        Lady, it's a good thing Jesus loves you. Everyone needs love, after all. Many people do not love ignorance, but go ahead and stand up for it. It's your right. Be ignorant. Be hateful. Be judgmental, and be shocked if you're turned away at the pearly gates for living your life as a self righteous sinner while that man and woman who simply offered you an alternative way to heal walk on through.

April 5, 2015 at 4:59 PM
        • rosinavoz #

Matt 7:1-2
          'Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again'

Your problem is you stop with verse 1. Verse 2 says we DO judge and the judgment we give out will be measured back to us, so therefore we must be careful in how we judge. How could we ever discern truth from error if we were never supposed to judge anything or anyone? And John 7:24 says we are to judge…with righteous judgement….

'Judge not according to the appearance, but judge with righteous judgment.'

'The mouth of the righteous speaks wisdom, and his tongue talks of judgment.' Psalm 37:30

'Ye shall know (judge) them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
          Even so every good tree brings forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree brings forth evil fruit
          A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. Every tree that brings not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.' Matt 7-17-20

The danger to your immortal soul far outweighs any possible benefit to your body. The body will die, but your soul will live forever. Which should you, as a Christian, be more concerned about? Yoga and Reiki are practices right out of Hinduism which open you up to demonic influence. Yet, you come on here criticizing those who try to warn about it. You are free to ignore the warning, but not to say hateful things about the author of the article. Uh oh…YOU are judging, aren't you? And your judgment is not righteous judgment because you demean her by accusing her of being 'hateful', 'ignorant' and 'a self-righteous sinner who will be turned away at the pearly gates.' You do not even know Amy personally, yet you judge her with such harsh judgment. Be careful..go back and read Matt 7:2 again …the measure of judgment you give out, will be measured back to you.

April 6, 2015 at 5:10 PM
    • Sheilla #

You seem to forget that the degrees you have taken on this subject come from the East and the east's traditions, beliefs and cultures. They are not based on Christian believes based on biblical truth but rather in practices of occultic nature. You have obviously been too submerged in those teachings to be able to differentiate healing based on energies or as we believe from demons and demonic power to the healing of Our Lord Jesus Christ. The occult in false religions all have similar working, they just use different names according to the demons they are channelling. The hindu's also use healings very similar to your. Same devil, different disguise. You would be wise to heed the words of your father before you end up finding out who those demons really are. I pray your eyes will be opened. Hell is already very well populated. And by the way. No one has paid me! The only payment I got was The Lord Jesus paid for my life and I owe it to Him and others to make sure it wasn't in vain!

May 9, 2015 at 6:14 AM
  4. D #

So her message was hilarious. In the first place Reiki is not a religion. It is spiritual, religion is man made where spirituality is how we are all connected. And spirituality doesn't have rules that trap you in a way of thinking and make you feel guilty if you don't go to church or fulfill your calling. Mormonism is so man made that one can not see straight and understand that you have inner power. I am a Reiki Practioner II and was married to a mormon for almost 10 years. Their way of thinking is so man made and it oppresses women.
    Cute story for you: Joesph Smith (the founder of this polygamist cult) tried to start another religion before he started the Mormon religion. He was in a town in New York, near Palmrya and he convinced the town that he was a true prophet of God by walking on water. The townsfolk were shocked and amazed. But everyone has to sleep sometimes and when everyone (almost everyone) was asleep, some teenagers went down to the water and found that there were planks of wood in the water and pulled one out. The next day, Joesph went down to walk on water, but the fool fell in. And shortly thereafter he was arrested.True Story.

May 1, 2013 at 5:07 AM
    • terriergal #

"It is spiritual, religion is man made where spirituality is how we are all connected."

Jesus disagrees.

Those who have faith in him as God in human flesh, who came and made atonement for their sins which separated them from God and each other, are connected to him and to each other. The rest are not connected at all and will perish in their sins. Repent and trust Jesus and quit buying this new age lie which only serves to pacify people and convince them they are not on their way to hell.

July 22, 2014 at 1:33 PM
  5. maria perls #

Well said. A good read for a very sensitive topic particularly to people of faith. I have come to know that when one generation tolerates something, the next generation accepts it. Thanks for sharing.

February 14, 2014 at 1:04 AM
  6. Katherine #

I love reiki. It all comes fr the same energy. The same energy Jesus used. I want to be like Jesus, not because Christianity tells me to, but because i love Jesus. Jesus is not a religion. Im called to share reiki and its been the most healing time in my life. I have to th as nk Jesus.: )

July 16, 2014 at 10:38 PM
    • standupwi #

Katherine, Jesus is God. Reiki does NOT use God's power. If you are "called to share reiki," it is not Jesus calling you to do it; it is a very different, dark calling you are listening to. If you want to discuss this more (and I hope you do), please let me know if I may contact you via the email you provided.

July 17, 2014 at 8:15 AM
      • Joe Comment #

Reiki literally means god power. Life force energy directed by universal intelligence.

Rei can be defined as the Higher Intelligence that guides the creation and functioning of the universe. Rei is a subtle wisdom that permeates everything, both animate and inanimate. This subtle wisdom guides the evolution of all creation ranging from the unfolding of galaxies to the development of life. On a human level, it is available to help us in times of need and to act as a source of guidance in our lives. Because of its infinite nature, it is all knowing. Rei is also called God and has many other names depending on the culture that has named it.

January 5, 2015 at 2:36 AM
        • rosinavoz #

Reiki… in truth…demonic power and the gateway to hell.

January 5, 2015 at 11:23 AM
    • joe #

reiki is unproven and totally useless, google reiki is rubbish, you will find plenty of evidence telling us that reiki is RUBBISH.

August 11, 2014 at 8:56 PM
  7. Don #

Reiki is raw spiritism.. No difference between it , voodoo , and channeling spirits in trance. Opening to spirits and their powers opens practionrs to the realm that God forbade in Deuteronomy when He cslled Divinstion and Sorcery by its' proper name. God hates lying spirits and them that practice divination.

July 17, 2014 at 10:53 AM
    • Roby #

September 19, 2015 at 10:56 PM
      • Julia #

Agreed also.

October 4, 2015 at 11:36 PM
  8. Kaye #

I've have been trying to find a Christian massage therapist that doesn't practice reiki.

July 22, 2014 at 8:55 PM
  9. A. H. #

Trying to define the light or dark potential of Reiki by means of wrestling semantics seems, based on the discussion here, to lead into a logical morass. For myself, I find it helpful to ask, (not just about Reiki) "what does this idea/practice/belief system lead to"? What fruit does it bear in those who adopt it fully? Do they have more compassion, self-discipline, honesty, integrity, mercy, humility, and charity? Or do they tend towards contentiousness, pride, self-righteousness, power-mongering (wanting to control others' beliefs and choices), negativity, and fearful enmity? In other words, do the practitioners of Reiki tend to become more or less Christlike, the more sincerely they follow it's practices?

In my own experience with Reiki, the jury is still out. I only know one practitioner, and she is a wonderfully kind, humble, faithful believer in Christ. She could be an exception. I don't know yet.

When his disciples came to him, worried that others were casting out devils without having been joined to the body of his church, Jesus said that these could only have succeeded [in this healing work] if they were true followers and full of His spirit (paraphrase). Perhaps, in a general way, this principle may apply to the question of Reiki, provided the answer to the questions above are satisfactory?

August 26, 2014 at 3:01 PM
  10. tonibrown #

Reiki is an occultic practice stemming from eastern mystical buddhism and is clearly, clearly, clearly in stark opposition to the triune God. The Bible clearly tells us that scripture is ALL we need and is more than sufficient for EVERYTHING that ails us…mental, physical and spiritual. When people seek healing and guidance from any other source they are immediately opened up to the dark forces Paul warns us of :

Ephesians 6:12King James Version (KJV)
    12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Reiki and all other new age practices are "spiritual wickedness in high places".

These comments are not put out here to offend…the are to CONTEND…for the "faith once delivered to the saints."

January 5, 2015 at 2:03 PM
    • joe #

you are correct, i get the feeling that we are being overrun by the reiki worshiping retards, and i believe the word retards is being kind to these devil worshipers, these people deserve stronger language, listen you reiki practioners, you are all a bunch of fu*#^ng retards.

January 7, 2015 at 5:56 AM
    • Oh, I agree, but have a question about your first paragraph. So you don't see a doctor, take cold medicine, aspirin/Tylenol? You don't ask for prayer if you're sick, as the Bible tells us? Just the scriptures. I don't do doctors, except to get sewn up if needed, but we are on different playing fields of faith. Just curious.

January 30, 2015 at 7:15 AM
  11. Ariane #

ToniBrown is correct–Reiki is an Occult practice.

January 29, 2015 at 10:57 PM
  12. tonibrown64 #

To godsfingers- I am not fundamentally opposed to doctors- God has gifted their hands to take care of us in our earthly lives, that was not what I meant to imply. Though I do not run to the doctors office for every little discomfort as most people do and I rarely take any form of medication, I certainly will adhere to a doctors care when it makes sense. The physical ailments I was referring to in the above post are the people I have personally known that seek acupuncture, holistic practices etc.. to treat physical ailments.
    And yes, I pray much, as it is scriptural.

January 30, 2015 at 1:45 PM
  13. Sony #

I am a 19 year old girl with cancer. I have a personal relationship with Jesus. However, I believe that Reiki is perfectly acceptable. A good friend of mine offered to help heal me and I believe that I was led to her by Jesus. Today was my first session with her and for the first time since I found out about this cancer I have had a good day with no sickness. I feel at peace and spiritually enlightened. I feel happy. I do believe that Jesus loves me and that I am in the hands of God. He does not love me any less than anyone who chooses to stay away from "that kind of stuff" (as lots of Christians put it) and I certainly don't believe He is going to throw me into the pits of hell for it. I have accepted Christ, and through that I am saved. Have a blessed day, all <3

February 27, 2015 at 1:28 PM
  14. That guy #

I honestly couldn't even read past the part where you ACCURATELY described the disgusting and foul close-minded delusional reaction to such a simple act of meditation. It's that kind of behavior from these self-proclaimed malpracticeing Christians that drive more and more youth away from that faith.

The only evil here is your behavior. Luckily that can be fixed and I recommend you fix that ego of yours.

March 4, 2015 at 2:06 PM
  15. Kaye #

We are in a time of extreme darkness and extreme light – spiritually speaking. Even the earth cries out….earthquakes multiplied and wars too. Why are we, who hold fast the the Creator God and His Truth, surprised at the ability of the darkness to fool those as an angel of light. They know not what they do and have ascended to mental intellect to profess spirituality. Jesus often said, "It is a hard thing" Christianity is understood by regeneration and making Christ Jesus our "Lord" as well as our Saviour. Come now to Him and He will reveal what is true.

March 14, 2015 at 7:29 PM
  16. danerd #

i am surprised that there are people who believe that reiki can assist in any medical ailment. reiki has been debunked a long time ago in that it has NO effect on any known medical ailment, my brother is a reiki master and he makes a lot of money out of it, but that does not mean that he successfully treated anyone for any medical ailment, mind you he has a smooth demure and his patients really believe that he has done something for them, what he has done for them or to them is lighten their wallets.

March 15, 2015 at 11:38 PM
    • Susan #

So sorry you're so misinformed about Reiki. And I don't know where you find that it's been debunked. I have worked in hospitals doing energy work. It is being used in hospitals across the country in conjunction with traditional medicine. They have found people heal much quicker when they receive Reiki treatments.I also do a other form of work called polarity which is also used with the Mayo Clinic. I think people need to research the subject a lot more.

April 24, 2015 at 4:33 PM
  17. OnceLostNowSaved #

I can attest, from firsthand experience, that reike is evil. If you are Christian it is extremely dangerous to your spiritual, emotional and physical wellbeing. Don't play with fire! It is definitely occult and against the bible!!!

April 20, 2015 at 7:44 PM
  18. Michelle #

I had similar experiences in Massage Therapy schooling in Wisconsin. Very very sad that when trying to earn a degree at a very reputable college I was taught in class that we have powers Such as talking and seeing the dead and seeing colors. And that by practicing massage we will pick "stuff" up off of people, that we need to ground our selfs because we may pick up all of there sadness and that our customers dead friends may come to us. I started having panic attacks ever since.

I graduated however I do not practice due to the terrible teachers I'm so upset and discouraged from massage. I wasted a lot of money and time.

Just curious what school did you attend?

May 2, 2015 at 11:23 PM
  19. Sunny Jim #

I practised Reiki and after I did the Reiki 2 degree I became confused as I always taught that Reiki was christian. I was informed by my 1st teacher It was not christian. I did the Masters Degree and the energy is real and can diagnose illness if a person is sick. I received a certain amount of healing but I recited an Affirmation from a Spanish Master who had stopped doing Reiki. Simply I recited the following”Jesus Christ if this Reiki energy is not from you or according to your will for me stop the energy flowing through me and cancel my attunements” The next time I tried to do Reiki the energy was gone and no vibrational energy moved through my hands. I have since tried Reiki on a few occasions on my self only and I felt no energy like I did before the said Affirmation.took effect. REIKI is definetly real its where it comes from that concerns me.

October 5, 2015 at 9:42 AM
  20. Manny1962 #

It's power does not come from a Christian source, it's roots are Chinese occultic healing practices. If it comes from the East, be wary, it might be repackaged for contemporary Western consumption, but once the wrapper is off the origin is clear, don't mess with the occult, the bible is extremely clear and adamant about this. The arrogance doesn't come from "narrow minded, ignorant, bible believing Christians," it's from those that profess Christianity and embrace the occult citing sophistication and enlightenment. They're playing with fire.

October 5, 2015 at 8:43 PM
  21. standupwi #

Again, not biblical Christianity. Reiki cleansing and repentance (letting Jesus wash your sins) are diametrically opposed.

April 27, 2015 at 9:35 AM