The beautiful side of evil: Johanna Michaelsen’s warning

She always seemed to have magical spiritual gifts, but Johanna Michaelsen was deceived by very dark forces when she was just a little girl. Even after she dedicated her life to the Lord, the occult had a strong grip on her soul. Johanna’s “fellowship” with demons brought her indescribable depression and despair.

For many years she was caught up in the occult, yet she believed that the “angels” who reached out to her were servants of God, not Satan. One demon convinced her that he was Jesus, and she thought she was doing all of these things for the Christ of the Bible.

Download the podcast! Subscribe (RSS | iTunes)

Johanna Michaelsen is a noted author, researcher, lecturer and authority on the occult. Her internationally best selling autobiography, The Beautiful Side of Evil, tells the story of her involvement with the occult, yoga, and Silva Mind Control.

She left the occult 30 years ago and has dedicated her service to Jesus Christ warning others about the dangerously deceptive practices that are sweeping our nation–and our churches.  You may have seen her on television or in Caryl Matrisciana’s DVD series on the Emergent Church titled “Wide is the Gate.”

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

24 Responses to “The beautiful side of evil: Johanna Michaelsen’s warning”

1. RE: Johanna's use of Deut. 18:9 is spot On!
    Abortion is Todays Child Sacrifice!

Occult Practices
    9 When you enter the land the LORD your God is giving you, do not learn to imitate the detestable ways of the nations there. 10 Let no one be found among you who sacrifices their son or daughter in the fire, who practices divination or sorcery, interprets omens, engages in witchcraft, 11 or casts spells, or who is a medium or spiritist or who consults the dead. 12 Anyone who does these things is detestable to the LORD; because of these same detestable practices the LORD your God will drive out those nations before you. 13 You must be blameless before the LORD your God.

November 10, 2011 at 3:35 AM Reply
  2. James Murphy #

For those of you that missed Johanna's references to Matthew 24:

Matthew 24
    The Destruction of the Temple and Signs of the End Times
    3 As Jesus was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately. “Tell us,” they said, “when will this happen, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?”

4 Jesus answered: “Watch out that no one deceives you. 5 For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am the Messiah,’ and will deceive many. 6 You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. 7 Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. 8 All these are the beginning of birth pains.

11 and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people

24 For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. 25 See, I have told you ahead of time.

November 10, 2011 at 3:43 AM Reply
  3. Additional Bible Verse:

1 Timothy 4
    1 The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons. 2 Such teachings come through hypocritical liars, whose consciences have been seared as with a hot iron. 3 They forbid people to marry and order them to abstain from certain foods, which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and who know the truth. 4 For everything God created is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving, 5 because it is consecrated by the word of God and prayer.

2 Timothy 4
    1 In the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who will judge the living and the dead, and in view of his appearing and his kingdom, I give you this charge: 2 Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage—with great patience and careful instruction. 3 For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. 4 They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths. 5 But you, keep your head in all situations, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, discharge all the duties of your ministry.

November 10, 2011 at 3:58 AM Reply
    • Johanna Michaelsen #

Thank you so much for posting these Scripture, James! I appreciate your faithfulness to His Word.

November 10, 2011 at 6:45 AM Reply
      • Shirley #

Johanna, I was so helped by reading your book and wish i could get many copies to share them. Is there someplace we can order them from?
        I am also wondering what power we as believers have against demons who have been welcomed into our childrens lives? I have 2 adult boys who are both in the same cult and have told me about definate demonic experiences. Can I call the spirits out of them without their permission?

May 1, 2014 at 11:39 PM Reply
        • rosinavoz #

Joanna,

I read the book years ago and still have my copy thankfully since I believe it is out of print now. But I just looked on Amazon and there are about 50 used copies for sale there at about $4.00 each. The price for a new copy is unbelievably $85! I think this book needs to be republished because a whole new generation could benefit from it. It really opened my eyes to so many things back when I was somewhat involved in the Word Faith Movement…many years ago. It was one thing that helped me finally move away from that.

I pray your sons will soon see the demonic influences for what they are and come out of that cult. May God bless and comfort you in these difficult things. He is able to deliver them from this and I will be praying He will soon.

May 2, 2014 at 11:12 AM Reply
          • so then do you believe that Johanna Michaelsen's story was for real? Though I honestly dont think i should be republished, as at least in my opinion the research in that book wasnt too great

September 16, 2014 at 7:38 PM
          • standupwi #

Yes, it was real. And it will be republished as her time and health allows.

September 16, 2014 at 8:15 PM
          • how do you know the story with the psychic surgeon and all was real though?

September 20, 2014 at 4:39 PM
          • shirl #

Thanks so much for your encouragement…and prayers.
            …still praying. :)

September 16, 2014 at 9:20 PM
  4. Leesa McKinney #

Johanna, In your trailer for wide is the gate you show Joyce Meyer. Can you reference what problems you have with her ministry.

November 10, 2011 at 4:03 AM Reply
    • Johanna Michaelsen #

Dear Lisa,

Caryl Matrisciana included Joyce Meyer in her DVD "Wide is the Gate" because of Joyce's consistent adherence to and promotion of the aberrant teachings and practices of the Word Faith and Prosperity Gospel. I think you might find it helpful to go to http://www.deceptioninthechurch.com/word-faith.html and read through the many articles collected there not only on Joyce but on many of the other Word-Faith/Prosperity teachers and why their teachings are so profoundly disturbing when compared to the clear teaching of the Word of God.

November 10, 2011 at 7:33 AM Reply
  5. Elizabeth #

Thank you Johanna…I was captivated by what you said. God Bless you…Elizabeth

November 10, 2011 at 5:04 AM Reply
    • Johanna Michaelsen #

May God bless you too, Elizabeth. Thank you for listening this morning.

November 10, 2011 at 7:35 AM Reply
  6. Elizabeth #

My problem with Joyce Meyer is her abrasive manner and pushing of her own will instead of following the bible and the way a woman is supposed to be. Proverbs speaks of her motivation and character quite often. Proverbs Ch. 11 v 22-" As a jewel of gold in a swine's snout, so is a fair woman who is without discretion."
    Proverbs Ch.12 v. 18- " There is that speaketh like the piercings of a sword; but the tongue of the wise is health."
    Proverbs Ch.16 v. 19- " Better it is to be of a humble spirit with the lowly, than to divide the spoil with the proud."
    Christians need to read the word for themselves and true understanding comes from the Lord. Stop following other human beings and thinking that if you listen to a T.V show or the radio that you don't need to read your bible. You will be led astray. Thank you Lord for Stand Up for the Truth.

November 11, 2011 at 3:00 AM Reply
    • Rochelle #

Amen Elizabeth…I so agree w/ you concerning Joyce Meyer, and I definitely agree that as Believer's we are to read the Word for ourselves. When I did listen to her and her fellow WOF teachers, I would search the scriptures for what they were teaching, and, either I did not find it, or they were twisting GOD's Word to mean what they were saying it meant. I am soooo thankful to our Abba Father for His Holy Spirit, He guides us into all understanding, and gifts us with true Wisdom and Discernment!

November 12, 2011 at 3:13 PM Reply
  7. Dave Wellington #

Just finished listening to the show on podcast. Really riveting and hard-hitting, informative, enlightening. (Only one caveat: Can't blame you guys, because you probably didn't expect it – but maybe a "PG-13" warning needed ahead of time; some of the descriptions were pretty graphic).
    An encouragement to Johanna to please keep exposing evil and trusting the Lord. Will be looking for as much material from her as is available.
    Thanks guys!

November 17, 2011 at 8:27 AM Reply
  8. french toast #

she asks why athiests are so angry at god if he did noy exist-they arent anrgy at a being they dont believe, but at the people who promote him!

October 13, 2012 at 7:12 AM Reply
  9. Make sure that you know your bible and then satan cant lead you astray .that is why many christians believe things that are not according to the bible. such as sabbath day keeping by seventh day adventists

October 20, 2012 at 7:25 PM Reply
  10. I just saw today on tv a documentary about Jesus. The presenter said that Jesus was born most likely not in bethlehem but in nazareth. She had nothing to back up that statement with. .How ignorant can some people be.

October 20, 2012 at 7:37 PM Reply
  11. Caroyln Chesterfield #

Great reminder Howard. I haven't photographed much locally lately. I am long overdue for getting out there.

October 31, 2012 at 8:07 AM Reply
  12. shawnna garcia #

I read the book The beautiful side of evil my last year of high school this book was recommended to me by a penticostal preacher and has been dear to my life one of my favorite books. My daughter is a youth leader and she is incorporating this book in her lessons. Thank you Lord Jesus. Thank you. Shawnna

December 12, 2012 at 6:49 PM Reply
  13. Bob Van Wicklen #

Hello sister ,
    What's up with the Message Bible , is it part of the beautiful side of evil , or just a different translation, I don't see it promoting prosperity , or the faith movement or meditation or yoga ? besides using Master instead of Lord and few other it's suppose to be a translation, from the original language ..

July 22, 2013 at 10:44 AM Reply
  14. Hello Bob, thanks for asking.
    The Message is not a translation from the Greek or Hebrew texts, but is a personal paraphrase from Eugene Peterson. It contains all sorts of New Age references and changes up Scripture quite a bit. You might find it interesting to read The Lords Prayer and also Psalm 1 side-by-side with a word-for-word translation such as the NASB or ESV.

We've done several articles about it on our site, and many other research ministries have as well. Here is one of our early posts: http://standupforthetruth.com/2011/06/is-the-mess

July 22, 2013 at 11:43 AM Reply