Today we have more Christian conferences, sermons and books available than ever before in our history. And as we’ve discussed on Stand Up For The Truth, there seems to be an explosion of false teachings and prophets. Some are blatantly obvious, and some are so subtle that they are very difficult to spot, even for long-time ministry leaders.
The Bible says in Matthew 24:24 “For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall show great signs and wonders; so as to lead astray, if possible, even the elect.” Jesus Himself makes it so clear in His warnings of this. (Here are a few more verses all throughout the Old and New Testament that warn about false prophets.) That’s why we need to weigh everything that is said. But how do we discern God’s Truth from statements, prophecies and teachings that come from imperfect humans? How are we to make sure we are not deceived by false prophets?
Today our special guest, Johanna Michaelsen, joins us with some words to clear up confusion about how to test these things to see if they are true. Johanna Michaelsen is a noted author, researcher and speaker. You may have seen her on television or in Caryl Matrisciana’s DVD series on the Emergent Church titled “Wide is the Gate.” Her internationally best selling autobiography, The Beautiful Side of Evil, tells the story of her involvement with the occult, yoga, and Silva Mind Control. She left the occult 30 years ago and has dedicated her service to Jesus Christ warning others about the dangerously deceptive practices that are sweeping our nation–and our churches.
- Our Call to Judge False Teachings (watchmansbagpipes.blogspot.com)
- True or false prophet? 4 ways to tell for sure (standupforthetruth.com)
- What Did Jesus Say About False Prophets? (watchman.org)
- The beautiful side of evil: Johanna Michaelsen’s warning (standupforthetruth.com)
- Matrisciana on the Emergent Church: Warning Signs (lamblion.us)
- A watchman for the times (standupforthetruth.com)
- What About IHOP? (Part II) (standupforthetruth.com)
- False prophets and teachers: Here come more wolves (standupforthetruth.com)