Today we are talking about something a lot of us don’t discuss much: Calvinism and Arminianism. These are two very different schools of thought in Christian theology, and at times those who are firmly planted in one camp are at odds with those who are staunchly firm in the other. There seems to be Scripture supporting both.
There are those who have no idea what Calvinism and Arminianism mean. Today we are going to cover just the basics of what each theological side believes about God and salvation. If you aren’t up to speed on this topic, no worries! We are going to barely scratch the surface today.
But we are asking this question of all of us: Does it matter whether your beliefs skew toward Calvinism or Arminianism? Is it one of those non-essential parts of our Christianity, or is it a core doctrinal difference?
As you listen to the program, you’ll want to have your Bible, as well as an article we posted last week outlining the basic differences: Calvinism and Arminianism explained.
- Why is understanding Church history important? (carm.org)
- How to Call for a Gospel Response Like a Calvinist (thegospelcoalition.org)
- Do Arminians Believe in the Sovereignty of God? (basictheology.wordpress.com)
- Calvinism and Arminianism explained (standupforthetruth.com)
- Book Review: Why I am Not an Arminian (theologicalarsenal.wordpress.com)
- Calvinism vs. Arminianism: a Debate on Faith and Freewill (prweb.com)
- Caustic Calvinists. (defendingcontending.com)
- Angry Arminians. (defendingcontending.com)