Amy is co-host and blogger for both Stand Up for the Truth and Naomi's Table, two ministries that give her the opportunity to write and talk about Jesus all day long. She has written, produced and broadcast in the realm of television and radio news, magazine business journals and marketing materials. She continues her freelance work as a writer and social media consultant.

Patricia King to bring "Glory School" to Northeast Wisconsin

…and why we are concerned.

Most of our articles speak to Christians around the world. This time we’re speaking directly to our local listeners about an event hitting close to home in Northeast Wisconsin’s Fox Valley. A two-day “Glory School” conference is coming to a Neenah church, along with Christian celebrity Patricia King.  (This is the same church that hosted Todd Bentley for a “Midwest Outpouring” conference last summer.)

Patricia is a New Apostolic Reformation (NAR) pastor who has been here before to teach at the church. For $50 per person (plus a $25 fee for the workbook),  King’s website promises Glory School will teach people how to experience:

“…the presence of God, the supernatural, the glory, angels, and third heaven. The teaching is vibrant, cutting edge, practical and accompanied by moves of the Holy Spirit. Those who attend the schools often say, ‘This school has been life transforming for me!’

As we have said many times on our program, we question neither the faith nor the salvation of any teacher. Certainly we can see Patricia King’s obvious passion for the Lord.  However, there are a number of things that concern us about this summer’s Glory School event. There have long been some extremely troubling New Age elements in Patricia King’s teachings, which are seen worldwide by millions of people.

First, King promotes the Seer Dimension, an anointing that she supernaturally imparts to followers:

King teaches Christians how to unlock and activate their spiritual gift of prophecy. A gift that according to the Bible was given to some by God alone.

Patricia King also promotes manifestations such as Angel Orbs:

“Two members of our team and I had just finished a prayer session to prepare for our evening meeting at Tim and Cindy McGill’s Four Square Church. As we were praising the Father for the downloads we had received, we heard that there was still more for us. That’s when we noticed the presence of angelic orbs over our heads. How glorious! God is so good!”

“We began to praise and worship Him for this Heavenly Presence. All of a sudden, one of our team (Shirley Ross), heard from the Lord that we were to clap our hands together over our heads where the orbs were. When we did, it was as if the orbs burst open and showered us in Heavenly Glory! Different colored orbs appeared and filled the room over our heads. We clapped and clapped and clapped. Some of the orbs rained down a thick, sweet oil. Others left us feeling tingly and effervescent. The Joy of the Lord was everywhere as we were refreshed, renewed and empowered. These “exploding” orbs covered us in an anointing of His Presence and also helped to deeply seat the inspiration and revelation we had received from Him throughout that day. Thank you Father! ”

You won’t find Angel Orbs in the Bible, but you will find it in occult books and New Age practices. Authors like Warren Smith, who spent two decades as a New Age practitioner, experienced these and believes there is demonic power and danger behind these manifestations.

Patricia says she has been personally visited by angels and one in particular was named “Swift.”

King also encourages Christians to trust in extra-biblical signs and wonders such as gold dust, gemstones, diamond glitter, oil, feathers, manna and many other things. She also tells of her “Blue Flame” experience:

I had a spiritual encounter regarding the Blue Flame of the Lord. In this encounter, I could feel myself soaring like an eagle, looking upward into the sun while in flight. My eyes were fixed on the sun. Eagles (often a Biblical symbol of the prophetic) in the natural have an extra membrane over their eyes that other birds do not have. This allows them to look directly into the sun without damage to their vision. As I gazed into the sun, I could feel myself being drawn towards its center, and that is when I saw it–the Blue Flame.   It was so beautiful. I could feel its strength that is to be feared and respected, and also I felt its passion.

Then there are the teachings about Astral Projections, a practice that allows you to deliberately separate your soul from your body and travel to other realms: This video is a must-see:

Back to the concerns about the Glory School seminar coming to our area this summer.  With all that Patricia King believes and has shared, and with her Glory School promotion showing participants how to experience the Third Heaven, angels and other allegedly true moves of the Holy Spirit—as if God Himself allows His people to use sorcery and witchcraft to transport themselves into heaven or conjure up angels at our beck and call— some warnings are in order.

We know that those who have already made up their minds to attend will probably not heed our warning, but out of deep concern and love we must share this anyway. And we must ask that you at least consider the spiritual danger into which you wade. Participants who open themselves up to these Glory School experiences are opening spiritual doors to the demonic. We will pray for you, but there is only so far that will go if you hear these warnings and smugly disregard the danger.

Ezekiel 3:17-19

“Son of man, I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel. Whenever you hear a word from my mouth, you shall give them warning from me. If I say to the wicked, ‘You shall surely die,’ and you give him no warning, nor speak to warn the wicked from his wicked way, in order to save his life, that wicked person shall die for his iniquity, but his blood I will require at your hand. But if you warn the wicked, and he does not turn from his wickedness, or from his wicked way, he shall die for his iniquity, but you will have delivered your soul.

Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman sees the sword coming and does not blow the trumpet, so that the people are not warned, and the sword comes and takes any one of them, that person is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood I will require at the watchman’s hand.

Related articles

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

13 Responses to “Patricia King to bring "Glory School" to Northeast Wisconsin”

1. Elizabeth #

I have a friend that I talked to who went to a Bible College in California who experienced these same things…Scary!

March 14, 2012 at 6:00 AM Reply
    • Elizabeth #

The students and my friend thought they were really praising the Lord correctly because all of these things were happening…

March 14, 2012 at 6:01 AM Reply
      • Thanks Elizabeth…is your friend still following these signs and wonders?

March 14, 2012 at 6:16 AM Reply
  2. julie #

Years ago, I knew a lady who was a devout follower of patricia king. This lady claimed to be a Christian, but her focus was not Jesus Christ, but personal experiences with angels and all of patricia kings teachings. Sadly this lady ended up with brain cancer and died within just a few weeks of her diagosis. I often wonder if she had delayed going to the doctor with her symptoms because she had been taught to be so focused on the miraculous to the neglect of truth and reality.

March 15, 2012 at 1:13 PM Reply
  3. Le #

Thanks Amy for sounding the warning bells about Patricia King. There are so many things that are not biblical, but people are choosing to believe them because they are chasing after signs and wonders. We need to go back to scriptures. Astral projections, orbs, etc. where are these things found in scriptures? If you can't find these things in scripture, then be sure that it is not from God. We need to chase after God, through the Bible,not after signs and wonders. Satan is very capable of creating signs and wonders too.

Thanks again Amy!

March 15, 2012 at 4:09 PM Reply
  4. Rose #

I want to thank everyone on SUFFT for your tireless research and informing your listeners. Regarding orbs, I agree, they are not Biblical. There was no manifestation of 'orbs' in the Bible … however, didn't Glinda the good witch of the North come and go as an orb in the Wizard of Oz? :>/ Anyone who thinks orbs are a good thing has some waking up to do. Too many people focus on the wrong things in these last days. Christ should be our focus, not orbs.

March 15, 2012 at 4:23 PM Reply
  5. In his book, The Light That Was Dark, Warren Smith talks about the time he went to a psychic for a "reading," and she could see a ball of light floating over his head. He could not see it, but could feel the hum of its energy.

He told us on our show last year that the psychic told him he'd have to agree out loud to accept the spirit that wanted to connect with him, and so he did. That was the start of some incredibly horrible demonic experiences over the next two decades.

March 15, 2012 at 4:54 PM Reply
  6. Lt #

Wow. My husband was telling me about this Stand Up for the Truth just the other day. Last night a friend of mine called and was telling me about it…but she is caught up in it. Warning bells went off in my head as she was talking to me about angels, signs, and prophecy. Thank you for bringing light to this. I plan to listen to Q90's podcast on this.

March 16, 2012 at 1:47 AM Reply
  7. Thanks for the warning Kathy. I do not believe Patricia is a born again Christian. The Word of God says: The old is gone and ALL THINGS BECOME NEW. That has not happened to Patricia King. She is still practicing her old ways that are from new age. She is not following God's TRUTH. The Holy Spirit will lead her when she chooses Jesus Christ as her personal Saviour.

June 19, 2012 at 4:14 PM Reply
  8. Kathleen de Gaul #

October 26, 2012 at 2:15 PM Reply
  9. phyllis gault #

She is operating in the occult. I came out of the new age and the stuff she teaches is of the occult. Manly P. Hall a 33rd degree freemason taught on the Initiation of the Blue flame in his book called Initiates of the Flame and she knows what she is doing. Also, all this King Authur stuff is fill with occult symbols and the occultist all know this. This is the Blue Flame of Saint Germane. St. Germaine was an occultist in his day and he promoted a form of witch craft of the Blue Flame. It is the most powerful occult workings of all. The Bible says that in the last days that their will be many false prophets. The Bible says that there will be an apostate church. Patricia King and Todd Bently openly admit that they were involved in the occult and what she is would know that the Blue Flame is of the occult. If a person is only willing to present part of the truth, because they don't want to offend, then; they are not for Him, but against Him. There is a great occult revival and the false prophets are teaching occult things to the church. If you hear hoof beats look for horses. Only the whole truth can set a person free.

October 26, 2012 at 2:20 PM Reply
  10. Cynthia Yagi #

Consider the word of God that says that's its ok to pursue the gift that allows one to prophecy. It is for the purpose of building up the church.

1 Cor 14:1-5

1Pursue love, and earnestly desire the spiritual gifts, especially that you may prophesy. 2 For one who speaks in a tongue speaks not to men but to God; for no one understands him, but he utters mysteries in the Spirit. 3 On the other hand, the one who prophesies speaks to people for their upbuilding and encouragement and consolation. 4 The one who speaks in a tongue builds up himself, but the one who prophesies builds up the church. 5 Now I want you all to speak in tongues, but even more to prophesy. The one who prophesies is greater than the one who speaks in tongues, unless someone interprets, so that the church may be built up.

July 19, 2013 at 9:18 AM Reply
  11. Christine #

I am so grateful for Christ's mercy and forgiveness as I used to attend these so called glory schools, as well as 'Prophetic Evangelism', 'Soaking', etc. These are all from the same source as well as Patricia's influence. Looking back now, the glory school was a lot of utter rubbish, make-believe and fantasy. I really repent for all of my vain imaginations which I and other deceived people attributed as being from God! I did witness 'prophesies', 'holy laughter', etc etc. I knew something wasn't quite right – possibly God's tugging.

September 8, 2013 at 11:34 PM Reply