Under China’s one-child policy, 8 million female babies are killed per year (not including abortions). One man is trying to make a difference by rescuing those children who are considered by society and government to be illegal.
Today we’re talking with Dr. James Garrow, who is the founder and executive director of the Bethune Institute’s Pink Pagoda schools, private English-immersion schools for Chinese children. Dr. Garrow leads 168 schools with nearly 6,300 employees. He has spent over $25 million over the past sixteen years rescuing an estimated 40,000 baby Chinese girls from near-certain death under China’s one-child-per-couple policy by facilitating international adoptions.
In 2009 Dr. Garrow was nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize where he would be runner-up to the eventual winner, President Barack Obama. He is the author of the newly released book, The Pink Pagoda: One Man’s Quest to End Gendercide in China. Check out the PinkPagoda.org site for more information.
- The Shocking Face Of China’s Brutal One Child Policy (wrc559.com)
- Review of Jim Garrow’s “The Pink Pagoda” (Research China)
- Chinese women are killing themselves at astronomical rates: is the one-child policy to blame? (LifeSiteNews)
- China’s One Child Policy (djcadchina.wordpress.com)
- A portrait of China’s one child policy (independent.co.uk)
- Obama’s Nobel Peace Prize Win Leads to Formal Investigation of Award (theblaze.com)