The lesser of two evils?

You’ve probably heard the saying, “Of two evils, choose neither.” This past week there has been news of a movement in America among Christians to write in the name Jesus Christ this November as a choice for president. In fact the internet evangelist who started the movement claims he has more than 200,000 people who have committed to do so.

On the one hand, it is understandable that people in the United States would be frustrated with the political process and the choices we face. On the other hand, many Christians believe we are not voting for a pastor, but for someone who can lead this nation and get us out of the mess we’re in. We know that no political candidate can save our nation, so where do you fall on this?

Joining us for this discussion in the first half hour is author Scott Alan Buss. He takes square aim at both political parties in his books, Satan’s Jackass – The Progressive Party’s War on Christianity and Stupid Elephant Tricks: The Other Progressive Party’s War on Christianity. Scott’s first book,Fire Breathing Christians: The Common Believer’s Call to Reformation, Revival, and Revolution was launched in 2010, and “Apathetic Christianity: The Zombie Religion of American Churchianity” is just out as well. Check out Scott’s blog here.

Download the podcast mp3! Subscribe (RSS | iTunes)
We are 100% Listener supported. Donate now!

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

6 Responses to “The lesser of two evils?”

1. Great Topic.
    I'm waiting for the solution to the problem.
    I can't bring myself to vote for either evil. Certainly not Obama. However the current problem we have with the GOP leaves us with yet another evil.
    So what are we to do in the upcoming Nov. Election?
    Not Voting is an action that will allow Evil to win yet it would appear our given choices allows evil to win.
    What are we to do?
    Murph

July 18, 2012 at 3:12 AM Reply
  2. How "interesting" that these books trying to get Christians not to vote are coming out just before the election. Just like what happened in 2008, and we know what the results were there. Don't think for a minute that those writing these kinds of books are not targeting conservative Christians; they aren't for the liberal folks. They want THEM to vote. Here's an article we wrote about this – some food for thought: http://www.lighthousetrailsresearch.com/blog/?p=8

July 18, 2012 at 4:25 AM Reply
  3. Cal #

I, from an understanding of reading the Lord's word, do not believe we as true believers have a "mandate" from the Lord to mix politics with faith. Meaning, we should not be holding the world accountable by "forcing" Judeo-Christian Laws upon the land where ever we may live.
    I believe in total separation of Church and state. No where does it mention that we should make or pass laws that accommodate our faith in order to have a better life, and try and wipe out wickedness in the nations.
    The only nation that were told to be so was the nation of Israel. It was to be a beacon to all other nations in "it's time period".
    There is no such thing as a "Godly nation", that belief stems from 'restoration theology'.
    Paul said we are to pray for our governments, we are never told to get involved in governments to "protect" our interests.
    We are in the world, but we are NOT to be part of the world and it's political functions in reaching 'their' desired goals, World Order, One World Church!
    I have felt totally guided NOT to participate in any form of "elections", I never vote, the one time I tried, I was left off the list, even though I followed all the steps to make sure i was on the List.
    When there was a "church state" people such as homosexuals were imprisoned, their lives ruined, that is not the Lord's intent. God's Word says He shall judge the nations, not we!
    I am an abstainer, God is in full control of ALL situations and circumstances that are at work in this world! I let God be God and work all things according to His purposed plans, I will just be a believer and do as He instructs.
    The Lord bless you, great question!

July 18, 2012 at 5:30 AM Reply

The problem with this country isn't the Government nor is it the people running for office. For all the Governments each according to their varied types are all established by God. These same governments are also under the influence of the Prince and Power of the Air who is at work in all the children of disobedience, who hold not to the truth. God himself has given it (these governments) over to him, who is the father of lies. Why do you think it is that all these different entities seemingly are moving towards a common goal (Unification). The answer is there is one head and that head isn't Christ.

If Christ were the head we would be most concerned doing what he said to do and not what is politically expedient.

I digress the reason I state all this is to perhaps enlighten us to the fact that there is but one Savior, the Christ, Who is Jesus Son of Marry who was wed to Joseph. This same is called The Mighty God, The Prince of Peace, Wonderful Counselor, The Everlasting Father. And He, it is that took our sins upon Himself in His very flesh so He could die in our place and satisfy God's wrath for us and to close the Old Covenant bound by the Law in order to bring about a new covenant sealed in His own blood. This is the covenant He brings to us:

Jeremiah 31:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. 34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying , Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Oh that you would hear me in this. We are to have hope in no one else. No One! Our God is a Jealous God and He will not share His Glory with another. This saying of the Psalmist is true:

1 Why do the heathen rage , and the people imagine a vain thing? 2 The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed, saying, 3 Let us break their bands asunder , and cast away their cords from us. 4 He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh : the Lord shall have them in derision .

5 Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure. 6 Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion. 7 I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee. 8 Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession. 9 Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.

10 Be wise now therefore, O ye kings: be instructed , ye judges of the earth. 11 Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice with trembling. 12 Kiss the Son, lest he be angry , and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.

But they will not kiss Him in Homage and worship. No, they will seek to come against God and His Holy People the Nation He Himself has Chosen and the elect whom He has chosen. To them that do these things He says

But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death.

Outside of Love there is but one command

Therefore go make disciples in all the nations, Baptizing them in the Name of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost and teach them to obey all I have commanded and Lo I am with you to the end of the age.

And this is how we know we love God

10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love. 11 These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full . 12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you. 13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. 14 Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.

This world will offer the believer many things, and the Lord God will not share His glory with any of them. So Guard your hearts.

May God bless you all.

July 18, 2012 at 2:21 PM Reply
  5. Ann #

I agree with Deborah, if we do not vote we are in essence giving away our vote. Since we (Christians) tend to vote pro-life and pro-freedom of faith we will be giving away our voice to the unborn and religious freedom. Neither candidate is perfect, but I want my voice to be heard!

July 19, 2012 at 8:47 AM Reply
    • Ann, Debra,
      I agree. This whole thing smacks of a consorted effort created by the "Social Justice" Crowd. I don't trust it.
      Murph