Amy is co-host and blogger for both Stand Up for the Truth and Naomi's Table, two ministries that give her the opportunity to write and talk about Jesus all day long. She has written, produced and broadcast in the realm of television and radio news, magazine business journals and marketing materials. She continues her freelance work as a writer and social media consultant.

A nation and a church in confusion?

Celebrations as Muslim Brotherhood's Mohamed M...

If you are a Christian and tend to not want to delve into the upsetting, confusing and often frightening news developments in the Middle East, who could blame you! But in these times that we are in, there has never been a more important time in the history of the Body of Christ to understand the headlines, but also the framework of the evil that is sweeping the Middle East and here at home.

Plus in our first segment today, what has happened to the Bride of Christ in America? In just a few generations the unthinkable has happened.  Our guest is political writer Robert Meyer. You can check out his Renew America articles here, including his latest, Churches Must Have Liberty of Conscience.

Download the podcast mp3! Subscribe (RSS | iTunes)
We are 100% Listener supported. Donate now!

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

6 Responses to “A nation and a church in confusion?”

1. Robert, Mike, Amy….
    A 2:44 min Video.
    One of the BEST and Shortest Quick Explanation of "Separation Of Church And State" By David Barton

View an article on this subject at http://wallbuilders.com/LIBissuesArticles.asp?id=

Murph

September 17, 2012 at 3:16 AM Reply

Dear Christian the hour is late and grows moreso. What has befallen Israel as foretold by Jeremiah in chapter 12 has come upon the Bride of Christ.

5 If thou hast run with the footmen, and they have wearied thee, then how canst thou contend with horses? and if in the land of peace, wherein thou trustedst, they wearied thee, then how wilt thou do in the swelling of Jordan? (is this not our complaint we are being wearied? The real battle is almost upon us!)

6 For even thy brethren, and the house of thy father, even they have dealt treacherously with thee; yea, they have called a multitude after thee: believe them not, though they speak fair words unto thee. (For the sake of peace and love, does not the world cry out to us just to get along and accept everyone as they are?)

7 I have forsaken mine house, I have left mine heritage; I have given the dearly beloved of my soul into the hand of her enemies. (Christ will use our enemies to purge us of our idols if we are truely His.)

10 Many pastors have destroyed my vineyard, they have trodden my portion under foot, they have made my pleasant portion a desolate wilderness. 11 They have made it desolate, and being desolate it mourneth unto me; the whole land is made desolate, because no man layeth it to heart. (yes they have made the field barren and without fruit to be counted and none considers why it is so.)

Even so the Bride will be called out and purified and refined and made fruitful in accordance with the Masters will. He will turn her heart and she will love Him for He first loved her and does everything good for her sanctification and holiness.

September 17, 2012 at 5:42 AM Reply
  3. Amen Mr. Davis.

September 17, 2012 at 9:07 AM Reply
  4. Dear Mike and Amy

I just finished listening to this podcast and am very troubled. I am an ex-Mormon but was a 6th generation LDS. My grandparents were Mormon missionaries who helped maintain Joseph Smith's farm in upstate New York.

I am perplexed about your take that Islam is a religion of the Antichrist and don't recognise that Mormonism is also a religion of the Antichrist.

You are appalled that Christian clergy are allowing Muslims in the pulpit but what about Glen Beck? What about Christians that are accepting Mormonism as a valid Christian religion? Even your previous comment from a listener who looks for information from David Barton of Wall Builders is frustrating. David Barton has announced Glen Beck is a Believer along with other Christian leaders.

I have beloved Latter Day Saint family that are trapped in the lie of Mormonism. Backing and voting for a Mormon for president is a dangerous validation of who and what this man believes.

Please do some research into the religion Mick Romney professes and realize he is a fifth or sixth generation temple Mormon and I hope you will let your listening audience know the dangers we Americans are facing.

September 18, 2012 at 3:38 AM Reply
    • Hi Linda, you are absolutely right about alerting people to Mormonism and being truthful about this religion being false. As a former Mormon yourself, I love your insight and would like your take on a piece we share on our site: Mormonism: http://bit.ly/S5BjPo

If it needs tweaking, let me know. As far as Glenn Beck goes, we've been pretty clear about our stance on his faith. I don't think we have shared a lot about David Barton until recently when his book about Jefferson was pulled.

Thanks!
      Amy

September 18, 2012 at 4:54 AM Reply
      • Dear Amy
        I read your info on Mormonism. Way to weakly presented in my opinion. Most people want to find the similarities with others, not the differances. Your opening on Mormon Church grown should be last. I would post all of the diffrances up front and note it's a different gospel with different sources.

You might want to change your third point that ends with rapid growth in Africa being exciting.

I listened to your last podcast with Carl Gallups and while I agreed with most of his sentiments I am wary–because of the lack of knowledge amongst Christian leaders.

Mormonism may become more intrigueing. Romney and his family appear to be the perfect family. The Mormon religion produces whitewashed tombs. Nothing is as it appears.

If our country is able to turn around because of a Romney Presidency could he and his beliefs be glorified? I'm concerned because Mormonism is an AntiChrist religion. Unlike J. F. Kennedy (nominal Catholic), Romney is a devout temple Mormon.

Christians are apt to vote for Romney because they are afraid of Obama not because the Lord is leading them.

I feel like a lone voice in the wilderness ):

September 20, 2012 at 7:03 AM Reply