You may think by this title we’re talking about what’s being called the worst referee call in NFL history. (Sorry Packer fans; we’re not going there today.)
A number of what we think are “bad calls’ are being made by high-profile leaders in Christianity. We’re going to look at the popular emergent theologian Brian McLaren. You may have thought of him as a prolific mover and shaker, a voice for the next generation, someone who thinks outside of the box. But upon further review, this player has been making bold moves to redefine Christianity. The latest news to break last night is confirmation that Mr. McLaren officiated at his son’s gay wedding.
And talk about bad calls, our own government through the court system, legislation and executive orders, continues to infringe on the rights of religious freedom. They seem to be setting set their sites on Christianity.
William J. Murray joins us with reaction to what’s been happening on that front. He has written an op-ed piece titled, FAITH UNDER FIRE: Why American atheists’ hate 9/11 cross
His book, My Life Without God, is enjoying a resurgence for a new generation. William is a strong advocate who speaks out against the persecution of Christianity in America and around the world as chairman of the Religious Freedom Coalition, a non-profit organization in Washington, D.C., and is active on issues related to aiding Christians in Islamic and Communist nations and founded ShariaFreeUSA.org. (Check out his Capitol Hill Updates blog.)
- Brian McLaren officiates son’s gay wedding (standupforthetruth.com)
- Brian McLaren crossed the road… (standupforthetruth.com)
- “Christian” movie questions Hell. Sound familiar? (standupforthetruth.com)
- Americans stand again for religious freedom (onenewsnow.com)
- William J. Murray spotlights dire warning made about American 100 years ago (religiousfreedomcoalition.org)
- WEBSITE: Why, Mr. President, Why?