McLaren family wedding ceremony included “traditional Christian elements.”
Melissa Steffan, Christianity Today September 24, 2012
Brian McLaren, author of A New Kind of Christian and a prominent Christian speaker, led a non-traditional marriage commitment ceremony this weekend, according to The New York Times. Held at the Audubon Naturalist Society in Chevy Chase, Maryland, this ceremony included “traditional Christian elements,” but no bride. And the groom—one of them—was McLaren’s son, Trevor McLaren. The Timesreports that Trevor McLaren wed Owen Ryan Saturday in Washington, D.C., followed by the afternoon commitment ceremony.
Brian McLaren, who formerly was chair of the board for Sojourners, is among a minority of evangelical progressives who advocate that the church should abandon heterosexism and move toward reconciliationwith homosexuals.
- Brian McLaren Leads Commitment Ceremony At Son’s Same-Sex Wedding (christianitytoday.com)
- Brian McLaren: We’re All God’s Children (christianresearchnetwork.org)
- Brian McLaren on “The Innocence of Muslims” (patheos.com)
- Brian McLaren crossed the road… (standupforthetruth.com)
- Exploring a new kind of Christianity (standupforthetruth.com)
- “Christian” movie questions Hell. Sound familiar? (standupforthetruth.com)