How many Post-Moderns does it take to change a church? Only one. And sadly, most churches have them in their pews, in their leadership, and in many cases, in their pulpits. We’re not talking about political liberalism here, we are talking about those who are breaching the walls of their own churches with dangerous fads, trends and ideas from some of the most prolific Post-Moderns of our day. So when you hear that liberalism in the church is dying; emergent theology faded away two years ago, don’t believe it. Liberal Christianity is now the Church. And we’re giving our kids away.
For example, every year the Catalyst Conference (cultural and theological change agents) raises up new liberal leaders of the next generation, and no one is blinking an eye. Young people are hearing from their leaders (Brian McLaren) that “Jewish and Western Christian Zionists are a greater threat to us than extreme Islam.” Biblical support for Israel is a SIN.
Joining us today in studio today is one of our regular guests, Mary Danielsen, who is here to sort this out, and you can find her reports on the high-tech influences used by world governments to keep tabs on its citizens. She shares this on her The Things to Come blog.
We’re covering some related articles from Jim Fletcher’s blog titled raptureready.com
- Brian McLaren crossed the road… (standupforthetruth.com)
- How to spot the “Emergent” trends in your church (standupforthetruth.com)
- Brian McLaren’s UK Book Tour Will Focus on Interfaith Relations (christianresearchnetwork.org)
- Two Rival Religions? Christianity and Post-Christianity (albertmohler.com)
- Selling “Christian” down the muddy river (standupforthetruth.com)
- Follower of Christ and (not really) a Christian….Just Emergent! (atwistedcrownofthorns.com)
- The Christian Left’s Humanitarian Hypocrisy (frontpagemag.com)