Hurricane Sandy is still wreaking havoc on the eastern side of the United States, and some have projected a financial impact of more than $200 Billion. No doubt, the impact on our nation is going to have a lasting impact. How are we to respond as Christians? Are we ready for the storms, and are we able to reach out to those in need? Local financial expert Dan Teske is here to help us put our money and financial outlook in perspective. Dan highly recommends the movie clip from I.O.U.S.A. to understand our national debt.
Plus we’re covering news stories and listener questions, including response to an article from California about parents objecting to yoga being taught in public schools.
Today we’re beginning our “Q-Drive,” our fundraising effort to keep Stand Up For The Truth on air and serving listeners around the world. If this program has blessed you and challenged you to be in God’s Word and to dig deeper, please consider financially supporting the program by giving here.
- Superstorm Sandy: Christian Relief Organizations Ready for Massive Deployment (christianpost.com)
- After 52 Hurricane Sandy deaths, charities prepare to help Haiti rebuild (guardian.co.uk)
- EXPERT WARNS HURRICANE SANDY IS A “MONSTER,” “BEHEMOTH” STORM: Is God about to shake us again? (flashtrafficblog.wordpress.com)
- East Coast Shuts Down As Monster Storm Approaches (foxnews.com)
- Superstorm Sandy slams NE coast (cbsnews.com)