Mike is the general manager of Q90 FM and co-host of Stand Up For The Truth. His new book, "The Suicide of American Christianity" published in May of 2012.

Should Christians Attend the Muslim Mosque Open House?

This Saturday the local Mosque in Green bay is holding an open house where local citizens can learn about the Muslim faith and ask questions of local Muslim leaders.  I am asking you our listeners if I should attend the open house and if so what should I ask the local Imam?

A MESSAGE FROM THE "FRIENDLY" ISLAMI...In an article in our local newspaper I see that Sister Judy Miller of the St. Norbert Spirituality center was quoted as saying “Submission to God’s will unites us all” as she attended the Mosque open house last week.  Well Sister, does that include submission to a false god?

Download the podcast mp3! Subscribe (RSS | iTunes)
We are 100% Listener supported. Donate now!

I have spoken several times with Sister Judy Miller and in my opinion she is a universalist to the core.  She brings in Buddhist meditation teachings and seminars every year to the St. Norbert Abbey Spirituality Center.  When I asked her about this last year she told me basically that truth is in the eye of the beholder.  When I countered that I believe absolute truth is the Word of God, she rejected that statement out of hand.

Why Bishop Ricken and the local Catholic Diocese refuses to investigate what is going on at the Norbertine Spirituality Center is beyond me.  What is being taught clearly refutes Christian doctrine and is leading many astray.  The Bishop could make a strong stance by investigating what many Catholics I know have called a “brood of vipers” at the center.

But back to the question of “Should I attend the Mosque open house this Saturday?”  I am earnestly seeking God’s will for me on this issue.  If I go do I just listen?  Or do I respectfully confront what the Imam says with the Bible and his own Koran?  Do I ask him about the teaching in the Koran about abrogation and how Muslims are told by Allah it is acceptable to lie?  And with that being the case, how can we know when Muslim leaders are speaking the truth or lying?

I have said it before and I will say it again:  Muslims who are here as legal citizens have every right to worship and assemble.  We should not approach Muslims out of fear or ignorance.  They, like all men, need the saving gospel of Jesus Christ.  However, do we just sit back and not challenge what they are teaching?  Do we not confront them with teachings out of their Koran that infidels—Christians and Jews—must submit to Allah or be relegated to second class citizenship?  Do we not refute what they believe about Jesus—that he was a second class prophet who is not the Son of God and did not die on the cross for our sins?  Do we sit back in ignorance or deceit like Sister Judy Miller who seems to believe Allah and YHWH are one in the same?

Is my heart right and prepared to go into a house where a false god is worshipped?  Am I going in with an angry heart?  Or one that is filled with the Holy Spirit?  Is my goal to go in and speak from my own “wisdom”?  Or am I prepared to allow the Holy Spirit speak through me?

I am feeling led to go at this point.  I wonder if any of our Christian pastors and leaders will attend to learn more about this anti-christ religion that is being accepted as ‘truth” by more and more “Christian” leaders?  Do our Christian leaders realize the huge spiritual battle ahead of us as Islam spreads throughout our community and our nation?  Or will they remain silent and not be prepared to confront false teachers with the Word of God?  Our community has a great opportunity ahead of us—we can find out once and for all if we truly love Muslims.  We can reach out to them in love with the truth of who Jesus is—or we can sit back and be oblivious to the spread of Islam that is deceiving thousands in our nation every day.

It should be a very interesting day….

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

8 Responses to “Should Christians Attend the Muslim Mosque Open House?”

1. waffles #

well actually Jewish and Christian arabs call God Allah, and in the native language of Malta, God is called Alla….

October 16, 2012 at 3:41 PM Reply
  2. Mike LeMay #

Waffles, you are correct, however do not be mislead into thinking Allah is merely another name for our God. When you read the Koran you see that he is a false God. Christians must not get swept up in the rhetoric trying to "normalize" Islam. It is an anti-christ religion as defined in 1 John 4, denying Jesus Christ as the Son of God.

October 16, 2012 at 11:46 PM Reply

I don't know if it would be playing with fire to go or not? I fear it might be especially if God were not directing you to go? It is clear if we act out of arrogance and pride God would certainly use those we think ourselves better than to discipline us and to show us just how weak we are without Him. Remember the Imam has been given over to a delusion by God so he would fully adopt the views of Satan and make death his very salvation.

If I were to go I would have to ask and it would only be asking:

You say in your call to prayer that Allah is greater. Who is he greater than? Is he greater than the God of the Christians and Jews?

Why do you venerate the sword so much in your Islamic tradition?

What is the Jesus of the Koran or Islamic tradition going to do when he comes again to Jerusalem. What happens after he gets done with the morning prayer? What will Jesus of the Islamic tradition seek to accomplish in that day?

Would be OK if I brought an Israeli Jew next time I visit, he says he loves Muslims?

I heard Allah is said to be able to make the trees and stones cry out, what is the purpose of Allah making the trees and stones talk and who will they speak to?

If there is a war coming how will you know when to act and what are you to do?

What happened in the 2 Year War right after Israel became a nation in a single day?
    How is it possible that the Jews are still here?
    What happened in the Six Day War?
    How many Muslims are there today? How many Jews are there today?
    How can you say to me Allah is greater?

October 17, 2012 at 10:24 AM Reply
  4. Concerned Citizen #

First of all I must thank you for calling people I care for a brewed of vipers, the middle school bullies would be quite please with your aptitude at name calling. You have clearly missed the message of the Spirituality Center, and have failed to comprehend the history and development of Christianity. I suggest you review something called the history of wester civilization before you start belittling others points of view again.

October 18, 2012 at 2:58 PM Reply
    • Rose Vosburgh #

Mike did not call them a 'brood of vipers'. He said Catholic people (he personally knows) have called them that.

What is the 'message of the Norbertine Spirituality Center'? I am not from Green Bay, but I think I can guess (being a former Catholic)…it is mysticism and contemplative meditation…going into silence to try to have communion with God. Actually, that is not Chrisitan, but a pagan practice identical to TM. Ancient Catholic mystics adopted the practice from Eastern religions back around the 3rd or 4th century AD and incorporated it into Catholicism. It was never a part of true Christianity. (Show me where the apostles ever practiced or taught others to do it.) And, it leads to accepting all faiths as equal and many different paths to heaven.

I am sure you and the people at this center are very sincere people. But 'Spirituality' apart from the true faith as revealed in the Bible, and apart from the Holy Spirit is apostate…it is teaching you to accept another Jesus. Jesus never taught us to pray and meditate in a mystical way. He said that the way to heaven is narrow, that few will find it. He taught that He is the Only Way. There is no other! You cannot blend Christianity with Islam or any other false religion.

Better wake up before it is too late. The Lord's return is near. Many will say, 'Lord, Lord, we did many 'spiritual' things in your name…we meditated and communed with you.' But He will say,' Depart from me for I never knew you'. That is because these people, as well meaning as they might have been, worshipped a counterfeit Jesus. And the counterfeit is none other than Satan in disquise…coming as an angel of light..the great deceiver of your soul. The Bible warns that many will be led astray in the Last Days. We are seeing this happen on a large scale today.

October 18, 2012 at 4:09 PM Reply
  5. Mike LeMay #

Concerned citizen, while i did not call them "a brood of vipers" as Rose pointed out (these are catholic leaders in our community who call them that) I think the term might fit. Sister Judy and her people bring in Buddhists to teach eastern mysticism and meditation; she goes to a Mosque and virtually says Allah and YHWH are the same God; she told me she denies the Bible as absolute truth–I am open to a better name if you have one. If you really care for these people as you say, i would suggest you sit down and talk with them about what they are doing–because it is conflicting with the Word of God.

October 19, 2012 at 12:58 AM Reply
  6. Richard Blake #

One of the interesting things I found out in going to the mosque open houses in Colorado and studying Islam so I could more intelligently debate them is that Muslims believe not only that Jesus Christ had some miracles but that he was born of a Virgin. It seemed to me like a real contradiction to believe that Jesus was born of a virgin but not the Son of God and neither the iman or the guys he assigns to run the open houses when he has not been there has been able to come up with an intelligent answer that isn't some form of misdirection.

October 7, 2013 at 5:15 PM Reply
  7. Richard Blake #

By the way I have tried repeatedly to get other committed Christians and even the local press to attend with me and have so far been unsuccessful.

October 7, 2013 at 5:17 PM Reply