The Church’s ever-rapid descent

English: The Kraken roller coaster ride at Sea...It’s coming faster and faster now; this free-fall that the Body of Christ is experiencing. It’s the momentum of a plunging roller coaster that is picking up massive speed, and you need look no further than the headlines we’re covering today to understand that the times we are in feels at times like your stomach is caught in that weightless adrenaline as we get closer to Christ’s coming.

We are 100% Listener supported. Donate now!

News we’re covering today:

That is just a snapshot of this ever-rapid descent.

SupraJoining us for this discussion in the first segment is author Scott Alan Buss. His many books include,Fire Breathing Christians: The Common Believer’s Call to Reformation, Revival, and Revolution and “Apathetic Christianity: The Zombie Religion of American Churchianity.” He has two new projects soon to be released: “The America Idol – How Christ-less Patriotism Destroys a Nation,” and, “Suprahero – Jesus as the Source of Superheroes.” Check out Scott’s blog here.

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

8 Responses to “The Church’s ever-rapid descent”

1. Sharon W. #

Thanks Mike & Amy for having Scott Buss on your program today…definitely edifying!
    I can relate to his comment about repenting (and continuing repentance), of some of the "conservative views that had him believing things" and us trying to go another route apart from the "clear Word of God". Some 5yrs. ago, the Spirit of God convicted me of similar things and what a BLESSING! to come off that "merry-go-round"!

Scott made the comment about how people love their traditions….In the beginning of Mark Ch.7 to vs. Mark 7:13, we may gain some insight about what Jesus had to say about "traditions of men".
    I believe it's not only traditions of men that can lead us to error in our thinking but also the idea of "group think". Group think is fine if it is unified in Christ [ref. the High Priestly prayer of Jesus in the Book of John], but sad to see how many of us believers have "unified" in something other than Christ by identifying ourselves with some movement, ideology, agenda or another group Etc……
    YES, it's a REAL ongoing struggle & sacrifice for all of us to separate " the ways of the world" VS. "the ways of Christ"….please consider James 5:11

February 28, 2013 at 9:11 AM Reply
    • Marie #

Thank-You Sharon W. for your insight and am in agreement with your statements. We all need more of Jesus and His Ways and less of us…..I believe I am at the front of the line when repentance is addressed.
      I appreciate your wisdom from the Word.

February 28, 2013 at 12:38 PM Reply
      • Sharon W. #

:o) ……..I was listening to Scott's R3V radio podcasts when your comment was sent. He raises some more interesting "points to ponder".

February 28, 2013 at 1:49 PM Reply

I tell you I struggle also in this area. We have been brought up in so many things that go against God's word. Some of the biggies I struggle with.

Being a respector of persons in the sense that we consider a person to be more than what scripture says we are. Ephesians 2:1-10, Romans 12:3, 1 Corinthians 3:1-8, 1 Corinthians 1:26-31. Psalm 118:9, 146:3 Here we lay aside scripture and end up looking to the world for wisdom and answers to our problems. Yet the scriptures say Romans 3:4 God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written , That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged

Comparing ourselves with one another. 2 Corinthians 10:12, leading to envy and quarrels, and strife. James 3:13-18

Taking pride in yourself and your accomplishments. Proverbs 16:5, 1 Corinthians 4:7, Galatians 6:3

The root of all of this is a high or elevated view of man and a low view of God and this high view of man we have learned well. And it is entirely against scripture.

1 Corinthians 2:1 And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God. 2 For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

3 And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling.

4 And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power: 5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

6 Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought: 7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

March 1, 2013 at 2:11 AM Reply
    • Sharon W. #

I do have to agree w/ Amy when she made mention somewhere else about installing an "I like" button for our comments…..though, I do like the smiley faces also. :)

March 1, 2013 at 4:52 AM Reply
      • Marie #

Me too….Smile.

March 1, 2013 at 5:01 AM Reply
  3. Marie #

Thank-you also Mr. Davis for your comments as well as Sharon's. I used to be the chief executive officer of the idolatry of man and put more faith, hope, and trust in them instead of our Risen LORD Jesus Christ. Health issues concerning a scare with cancer and surgery this past year changed my life forever and I am so thankful to God, our Father that I had to experience such a troubling time. It was the best thing that ever happened to me, for I had to depend on Jesus more than anytime in my life, and not man. It showed me what was truly important in my life….salvation through Jesus…..alone.

Jeremiah 17:5 "Thus saith the LORD; cursed is the man who trusts in man, And makes the flesh his strength and whose heart turns away from the LORD."

I am learning that Jesus' ways are so much different than the ways of man.

March 1, 2013 at 4:59 AM Reply

I have to say also, I am greatly encouraged, not because of what I hear from the pulpits but because of who Christ is. Man cannot prevent Him from doing anything He wills to do nor any other principality or power which God himself has established for all things that exist are there by His will "purpose" and design. Even the timing of the thing cannot be altered by any effort of man no matter how many come against Him. The Nations, think of this, the Nations all together are accounted as dust in the balances. On the scales of the Lord God they don't even register, altogether, the nations, they all are nothing. So Psalm 2:1-12 carries permanence and is timeless for this has continued since Eden. His word alone is settled. Psalm 119:89-90, So we with great hope and assurance look to the God of our Salvation who beckons' to His bride, Isaiah 54:4-5, the Very one who is the Author and Perfector of our faith, who says come. Hebrews 12:2-6, Revelation 22:10-17

Oh that soon we would see His face for Christ Jesus will make us able to do so, Romans 14:4, that we would not be consumed by the brightness of His presence, for we will be Hid in Him. Colossians 3:3 Truly Our God is a consuming fire. Deuteronomy 4:24, Hebrews 12:29, 2 Peter 3:7,11, 1 Corinthians 3:13-15. Even so truely our God is a Sactuary for those who fear Him and tremble at His word. Isaiah 8:13-14, Jeremiah 5:22

March 4, 2013 at 2:29 AM Reply