Today on Stand Up, we are covering several news stories from the weekend that you may not have heard about, and we will revisit a book that is controversial, titled, “The Circle Maker.” We mentioned it last week in light of a new push by some evangelicals to get this book into the hands of its members to read it together as a church. What’s it all about?
In our first segment, we’re discussing the topic of suffering.
Romans 8:28: “And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.”in the midst of some kind of suffering, or you have been. We’re going to go to Scripture today, and we’re opening our phone lines.
In our first segment, what happens when a loved one gets the news that he or she has cancer? What if that’s been you? For the Christian, we tend to ask a lot of questions of God about our strength and our faith. Why is this happening? What is Your will?
We’re going to introduce you to Scott Finch, a Texas native, who married his bride Dana in 1984. In 2010, she got the diagnosis; Pancreatic cancer. And as Christians, the couple and their three sons experienced Dana’s last 13 months of her life in the full love of Jesus. Scott has written a book dedicated to his wife titled, YOLO (You Only Live Once). Scott is now remarried and his journey is a powerful testimony.
- What does the Bible say about suffering?
- Why does God allow sickness?
- Why does God let innocent people suffer?
- Liberal Christians: are we to unite? (standupforthetruth.com)
- MIDDLE SCHOOL TEACHER SUSPENDED FOR SHOWING STUDENTS MUSIC VIDEO PROMOTING SAME-SEX ‘MARRIAGE’
- “NALT: A HOW-TO MANUAL” (TO MAKE YOUR CHURCH LGBT AFFIRMING)
- Biblical discipleship vs. Rightnow Media (standupforthetruth.com)
- The Circle Maker: Heretical Witchcraft? (standupforthetruth.com)