The government has brought many services to a screeching halt. We’re seeing monuments close, select government websites shut down, and even parks barricaded. Mike had a front row seat to these things in Washington D.C. over the past five days and we’re going to get his perspective. Some Christians on the progressive side are calling the government slowdown biblically “immoral” because it will affect the poor. We want to get your thoughts and give you a chance to bloviate a little later in the program.
Joining us for this discussion is a pastor, Christian talk show host and author Carl Gallups. Carl is senior pastor of Hickory Hammock Baptist Church in Florida, and he also hosts of YouTube Christian Apologetics – God and Country channel PPSIMMONS. He has several books out including, The Magic Man in the Sky: Effectively Defending the Christian Faith, and he has a new book, The Rabbi Who Found Messiah.
- Syria, Russia, Israel and America: Next moves? (standupforthetruth.com)
- Obama Admin. Restores Amber Alerts Website After Slew Of Bad Press
- AMBER Alert Website Goes Offline Amid Government Shutdown (theblaze.com)
- Can You Guess What Bill Harry Reid Just Passed During the Gov’t Shutdown? (theblaze.com)
- Rep. Clyburn Targets Christians Who Support GOP Medicare Plan: ‘Immoral’ and ‘Un-American’ (theblaze.com)
- ‘Unbiblical’: Jim Wallis Lambastes ‘Political Extremists’ Responsible for the Gov’t Shutdown – and Warns of God’s Judgement (theblaze.com)
- Jim Wallis: Pope Francis: We Need You in Washington, D.C. (huffingtonpost.com)