Freedom from religion again.

imagine-no-religion

Brace yourselves: Freedom From Religion’s anti-Christmas campaign is coming – and is here.

Tags: ,

15 Responses to “Freedom from religion again.”

1. Leanne #

somebody from this site asked me to post what is being posed to me. I did, this is what was posed to me today. I asked you people to stop posting and you haven't. You call yourself stand up for the truth but you people have not much truth in you. I will ask again STOP sending me your junk mails If I keep getting them I will have to report this website for harassment. Do you understand? Leave me alone!

November 22, 2013 at 2:26 PM Reply
  2. Matthew #

I agree! I love Christ, hate religion…..Gandhi said it best, " I like your Christ, but not your Christians".

Man has done so much to stifle the spread of Christianity. If they would just get out of the way and let Christ do the heavy lifting we would be further along in society.

November 25, 2013 at 11:16 AM Reply
    • Xississ #

He must have not liked have Christ too much. He died in his sins

November 25, 2013 at 5:47 PM Reply
  3. Cherie #

Christ is not in Christmas. Christmas is a Roman invention. No one can claim they haven't heard the history behind what is now known as Christmas. Also, no one can claim they don't know approximately when Jesus was born, and it wasn't Dec 25. If the early church celebrated the birth of Christ it would be in the book of Acts, would it not? All we were commanded to do was to partake in the Lord's Supper to "remember His death until He returns.

So called Christians are fighting for something that has its roots in paganism. Huh? Why would any Christian claim a relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ and yet celebrate His birth with a day set aside to celebrate pagan gods? Why do Christians allow satan to blind them?

I was once so into Christmas. But once God the Holy Spirit opens your eyes and He shows you the deception, it is up to you to deny yourself and stop compromising the Faith once delivered to the saints.

Choose to ignore and it is to your detriment. This so called holiday is lust for the eyes and lust of the flesh (I want, I want, I want). Yes, it is a beautiful spectical of lights, and adorned trees, and excess of materials, and food beyond anyone's ability to eat at one time. It is also a great lie. I know, I was once a partaker of this deception and now reap the what I have sown. Unbelieving children.

Most of us grew up in this deception. A deception so deep, so cleverly devised, no one notices what they are doing and will verbally and physically attack you if you tell them the truth. A so called season of love is marked by violence over a toy. Does this sound like it is for Jesus?

So signs like the one in this article means nothing to me. You might say, "how can you not love Christmas?" I ask you, satan comes as an angle of light, not a scary figure the world tries to perpetuate. Why, because something looks good do you not test it against the Word of God? Why do you take the word of many, instead of the Word of One, God? Have you read the Word of God? Do you think it is okay to pick and choose what you will believe of what Jesus talked about, and not face the consequences? I know I will answer for what I have done at the Judgement Seat of Christ, and so my friend, will you.

Jesus said to remember His death, not His birth. The Gospel is about His death, burial and Resurrection, not His birth. The pride of life is so rooted in our soul that we tune out the Lord Jesus. He said the path to destruction is broad, and the road to everlasting life is narrow. Can you discern what this means? There are more going to hell than to heaven. There are more going the way of satan than the way of the Lord. (Saved). Why do you think the Apostle Paul tells us to examine ourselves to see if we are still in the Faith? So we can immediately repent of errors! Brothers and Sisters I implore you to carefully think about this.

Jesus told us in HIs Word that the world hates Him and they, the world, will hate us too. So if the world hates Jesus, why would they celebrate His birth? They don't! Jesus also said what has light to do with darkness? Righteousness with unrighteousness? Umm…….thinking yet? One other point I am going to make; while you are enjoying your expansive holiday dinner, there are children starving in this world along with their parents. Believers like you and me are starving.

When I think about all the wasted money I spent on things that are temporal, I feel disgusted with myself. All that wasted money could have fed someone, or many.

I am not telling you not to give gifts to your children, or family. But why give gifts on a day that the world celebrates. Give gifts to your children and family. But as the Word says, "do not do as the heathen do". God is very succinct with this regard.

Go read about the two witnesses in Revelation 11. When they are finally killed, the Word says the world will celebrate it by giving gifts and having a celebration. Doesn't that sound familiar? Could Christmas be a precursor to this event? We as Christians cannot ignore this fact. If you believe the Word of God more than you believe in yourself or the world then hear me and research it for yourself. But beware, I have found there are many who say Christmas isn't Christian, but neither are they. Like Messianic Christians, or Sabbath Keepers. Be careful how you research. Stand for the Truth interviewed Carly Marciano back in October in the segment about Halloween. Her website also has information about Christmas.

I am not telling anyone not to partake in Christmas. I am asking, for the sake of the Lord to look at it truthfully. For the sake of your children. This day has definitely become a stumbling block for the bretheran and until we recognize our error, we will be in disobedience.

Why does this sign offend the average Christian? Because the average Christian is still in disbelief.

This sign does not bother me one bit because Christ is not in Christmas. Please do not give me the "liberty in Christ" routine either. Read the Word in context. Paul was speaking to Jewish people about the holy days they follow, not to Christians who want to celebrate a man made holiday. Where is Christ in this man made day?

In the song of praise to a tree? "Oh Christmas Tree"
    In the song about Mary? "Silent Night" is says "mother and child"
    In the song about Snoopy and the Red Baron?
    In the song about a god like figure santa claus?
    and other songs I could mention.

Where is He? No where because He is not in it.

My husband and my youngest son will be putting up lights this coming weekend and I am heartbroken. The lights on my house will remind me of 2 Corinthians 11 – Satan comes as an angel of light. And Jesus warned about blasphemy of the Holy Spirit when the Pharisees called the Holy Spirit in Jesus Beelzebub in Matthew 12:24. Equating the spirit of Christmas with the Holy Spirit is blasphemy and should be avoided at all cost.

Many will blast me for this post, but no matter.

Galatians 1:10
    For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.

One more mention about the poor. If you think you've done all you can by giving, that is great. But why dishonor God by apply a day to His Son when He should be our everyday? And that giving should be sacrificial in heart. Look at what Jesus said in Mark 12:

Mark 12:41-44

41 And Jesus sat over against the treasury, and beheld how the people cast money into the treasury: and many that were rich cast in much.

42 And there came a certain poor widow, and she threw in two mites, which make a farthing.

43 And he called unto him his disciples, and saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That this poor widow hath cast more in, than all they which have cast into the treasury:

44 For all they did cast in of their abundance; but she of her want did cast in all that she had, even all her living.

Is giving much bad, no. But giving out of abundance is easy. The widow gave all she had made that day. It isn't just the giving, its the heart behind the giving and the heart of man for himself. We all must examine this.

Jesus said to store our treasure in heaven. That where our treasure is is where our heart will be. Has the so called treasures of this world captured your heart more than your heart for the Lord?

If we truly believe what He teaches, then why do we need this day? Why also, being that most atheist are not for God, would you be offended by this sign?

Brothers and Sisters in Christ the people behind this sign need your love and compassion because their unbelief has condemned them! They are going to suffer for eternity if they don't repent. I pray you are not happy about that fact.

We are going to suffer if we don't repent!

Do not be disturbed by this sign or the fights for the ten commandments in secular halls.

Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. Colossians 3:16 KJV

Prepare your hearts now for His soon return, Glory to God! The celebration at that time will be so much more than the pale comparison of Christmas. It will not be easy, you will definitely be attacked for it, but if you truly claim to be a follower of Christ:

Romans 8:18
    For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

Grace and Peace to you from our Lord Jesus Christ and our Father God.

your sister in Christ Jesus,
    Cherie c.

November 27, 2013 at 2:22 AM Reply
    • Tess #

Cherie,

I agree with your comments on many levels. I have come to the conclusion that most of how we celebrate Christmas has very little to do with Christ and that He is not "the reason for the season" but rather the excuse for the season! I find myself wondering why we keep trying to force a marriage between pagan rituals and the incarnation of Christ by creating phony symbolism for things like buying presents ("just like the Magi gave to baby Jesus!"), candy canes ("they're shaped like the shepherd's staff!"), etc. In my mind, these types of comparisons only cheapen the truth about what Christ did, how He emptied Himself, and humbly took on the form of a man, of a servant, and lived a perfect life of obedience to His Father, ultimately dying on a cross as a sacrifice for our sins. (Philippians 2:7) And sometimes I wonder if all the focus on the "baby Jesus" causes us to forget that this very same Jesus is going to return to earth, but this time not as a baby, but rather as King. A King who will judge each us, separating the sheep from the goats. (Matthew 25:32)

So this year, I am trying something new – rather than trying to cram spiritual significance into secular traditions, I am celebrating them separately, although simultaneously. I am revisiting the Anglican traditions of "Advent" – reading and meditating on the suggested daily scriptures, singing the hymns, participating in the "Candlelight Service," etc. For there is still so much truth and beauty in these things. My heart still rejoices when I'm walking thru a mall and hear "Oh come let us adore Him" wafting over the loud speaker, even though that is an increasingly rare occurrence in these days of political correctness.

But on the other hand, I find that there is much to be valued in the shared secular traditions of the Christmas season. It is wonderful to have little surprises prepared for one another, wrapped up and waiting under the Christmas tree. It doesn't have to be all about buying expensive gifts, but rather having a specific season that prompts us to take some extra care for one another. In our fast-paced society, we need to have national holidays that require us to stop and take some time to enjoy one another. It is nice to have an excuse to bake the cookies and other little treats that are part of our Christmas traditions.

These Christmas holiday traditions are part of our American experience, like Mother's Day or the Fourth of July. I celebrate these things because they are part of my cultural heritage as an American, not because I am a Christian. However, because I am a Christian, I do not view one day as being holier than any other, but rather I try to live every day of my life in gratitude to my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. (Romans 14:5)

So for this upcoming Christmas season I am determined not to let the world dictate what I am supposed to doing – frenzied last minute shopping, overeating, cheesy holiday decorations, etc. But I also am not going to cheat myself of all the sweet little traditions that I enjoy sharing with my family.

"Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners–of whom I am the worst." – 1 Timothy 1:15.

November 27, 2013 at 10:40 AM Reply
      • Cherie c #

What are we? Are we citizens of Heaven or America? We cannot be both. We are instructed not to be involved in the cares of this world, and what do we do? We get involved in politics, causes like prayer in school or not, the ten commandments being taken out of secular buildings and wonder why the world views us no differently then themselves. We have to choose. God is a jealous God and will not share His Glory with the things of this world. To think it is okay to modify how you do Christmas just to feel better about celebrating it, perhaps we should rethink our motives. My husband and sons celebrate Christmas, but I don't involve myself in it too much. I do give gifts, but there is no tree (book of Jeremiah), and you won't find any holiday wrapping paper either.

If I wanted to be difficult, I could put my foot down, but I'm supposed to do as my husband says to a point. I don't however, have to like it, but I give it to the Lord.

Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the peace makers: for the shall be called the children of God.

They do the lights on the house, but there is no tree. I will however allow a cross. I still feel like I am compromising, and may God have mercy on me.

your sister in Christ Jesus,
        Cherie c.

November 27, 2013 at 12:52 PM Reply
  4. Marie #

Cheri,
    You are correct. We, like the Bereans, have searched the Scriptures over and over and have found no reference to celebrating a ficticious festival entitled "christmas."
    It is found no where, and I repeat, no where in the Word of God, thus we are not commanded by God to pay homage nor celebrate it.

In the essence of reality, the laity has been lied to somewhere along the lines of religion. People have believed what leadership has told them without checking the Scriptures to test the spirits against the very Word of God. We are full to overflowing with the consummation of the flesh; lazy and gluttonous in our spiritual relationship wth Jesus Christ.

And one of the aspects of the religious that is profound is this…..for all of the "discernment" ministries out there, pointing out the error of this one or that one, or this organization or that one…..still…..promotes and celebrates a humanistic doctrine called christmas, and proceeds to place our LORD and Savior in the midst of it all.

Thus, while preaching "sound doctrine" they are fools in promoting a doctrine that does not exist in the early congregations following the Resurrection of Jesus Christ. Jesus is "The Way", not christmas folks!

Celebrating what Jesus Christ has done for me…..every breathing day of the year, until He decides it is time to come home to Him. Alleluia and PRAISE THE LORD!

November 27, 2013 at 5:36 AM Reply
    • Cherie #

Hi Marie,

Spot On! I go to many discernment ministries and they do a fairly good job at call out those in error and exposing apostasy, but………Big But……..they do celebrate that which is NOT in the Bible. They actual promote the Roman holiday.

I have been noticing, Praise God, that most of the called out ones from the apostate church are renouncing Christmas. They are reading the Word for themselves and the Holy Spirit is opening up their eyes.

Yes, it is hard to face. We were all brought up this way and to not celebrate is akin to committing a crime, it seems. Especially when it comes to family. Those who refuse to accept the truth but claim to know God like my younger son and husband get very angry about it.

Fasting and Prayer is the only way to eradicate this out of our homes. Thank you sister in Christ. I hope we can chat again. I recommend a blog called Following Judah's Lion with Pastor Rich Frueh. He too is a called out Pastor who really teachers the Word and the Holy Spirit convicts. So if you don't mind being called a sinner, then I would suggest you visit. We are all sinners cleansed by the blood, but we need to be reminded that we will remain so until Jesus calls us up or home.

May the Peace and the Grace from our Lord Jesus Christ and Father, God be with you this day.

your sister in Christ Jesus,
      Cherie c.

December 3, 2013 at 5:16 AM Reply
  5. lyn #

Cherie and Tess,

I wanted to share this with you, from A. W. Pink, on Christmas…
    iamhis-lyn.blogspot DOT com/2013/11/christmas-is-coming DOT html

You may like to read this as well, by Pastor Jim McClarty -iamhis-lyn.blogspot DOT com/2011/11/is-christmas-christian-tradition DOT html

May the Lord bless you

November 27, 2013 at 1:51 PM Reply
    • Cherie c #

Hi Lyn,

I went to the blog you referenced and you know that AW Pink was a calvinist, right?

He has it right about Christmas, but that is about all.

your sister in Christ Jesus,
      Cherie c.

November 27, 2013 at 6:45 PM Reply
  6. lyn #

Cherie,

I hold to the doctrines of grace as well, not because John Calvin taught them, but because Christ and His apostles taught them. I have not read anything by Calvin, so I certainly cannot credit him with what God Himself teaches in His word!

November 28, 2013 at 4:44 AM Reply
    • Cherie #

With all love and respect, the doctrine you speak of is not in the Scriptures nor is it taught by Jesus or the Apostles. We must read His Word in Context.

Please see this story about a woman named Brenda Nickel who came out of Calvinism.

If the link does not work, you can Google her name.

your sister in Christ Jesus,
      Cherie c.

December 3, 2013 at 7:15 AM Reply
      • lyn #

The doctrines of grace aren't found in Scriptures? Have you read this, 'Act 13:48 And as the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of God: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.' Acts 13:48 – this teaches predestination. Who ordains sinners unto eternal life? God does. Based on what? Ephesians 2:8-9 will give you the answer to that. I read a post recently on the doctrine of predestination which ended with this 'And, so I’ll ask you the question I ask all my dear brothers and sisters in Christ…Did Jesus make salvation “possible”, or did He actually “save”? {from a second slice dot blogspot dot com}
        The Lord Jesus Christ spoke this from John 15:16, "Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you." From theologian John Gill, "he chose them, before they chose him; so that his choice of them was entirely free, did not arise from any character, motive, or condition in them."

We also see the Lord state this in John 15:19b, "but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you."
        From Matthew 22:14, "For many are called, but few chosen."
        From John 13:18 "I speak not of you all: I know whom I have chosen."
        The Apostle Paul also tells us who does the choosing, from 2 Thess. 2:13 "But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth.'
        The Bible teaches us that God is the One who chooses sinners; it doesn't state that choosing is based on us doing something first. Actually, Ephesians 2:8-9 speaks out against any type of 'work' by sinners as a means of being saved, 'for by grace are you saved, through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is a gift of God, not of works, lest any man boast'.

Let's look at the doctrine of regeneration, using Ephesians 2:1, 5, 'And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins'; Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)'

This isn't a new teaching, it's also found in Ezekiel 36: 26-27, 'A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.' All of the 'I's in those verses refer to Almighty God, it is His mighty work in the heart of a sinner than brings them from their 'dead state' to being born again. It doesn't tell us that new birth is based on our choice does it? Nowhere does God say that.

If you want to continue this discussion, can we do so via e-mail exchange? It really isn't right to hijack another person's blog. You can reach me by clicking on my name.

December 6, 2013 at 3:54 PM Reply
  7. Cherie #

Dave Hunt did a teaching on this as well.

Dave Hunt – What Love Is This – Calvinism's Misrepresentation of God on Youtube.

December 3, 2013 at 7:17 AM Reply
  8. lyn #

Cherie,
    I appreciate your reply, however, I don't hold to Calvinism. I have heard things about Calvin that are troubling, and as I've stated, the doctrines of grace did not originate with him.
    I hold to the doctrines of grace yes, because I find them in God's word, taught by the Apostles and by our Lord Himself. To assume those who hold to such a view are not loving, or don't evangelize the lost, or any of the other accusations made simply isn't true. I certainly have no desire to defend John Calvin, and I won't. He isn't who I follow; the doctrines of grace are found throughout the Scriptures, perhaps the best apologist on this subject is Dr. James White of Alpha and Omega ministries. He is far superior at defending these doctrines than I am.
    If Calvin made light of the love of God, shame on him. However, many Christians over-emphasize the love of God and have no clue concerning His other attributes, mainly God's holiness. In the end, Ephesians 2:1, 5, 8 and 9 clearly state how salvation is wrought in the heart of sinners…all by God's grace. Knowing what I know and believing in these doctrines brings such deep gratitude for what God has done for me, the triune God. All glory goes to Him!

I am somewhat familiar with Dave Hunt, he holds to Arminianism, which I find deadly. There simply isn't a verse in all of Scripture that states an unregenerate sinner simply chooses Christ, or decides for Him. Paul Washer does a nice job of speaking out against this, as does Jim McClarty; in fact, McClarty has a youtube video entitled 'faith is a gift' which goes into the Greek grammatical structure of Eph. 2:8-9…it really is worth watching.

December 3, 2013 at 1:00 PM Reply