Amy is Editor and Writer for Berean Research. She has been a broadcaster and freelance writer for over 25 years.

Freedom from religion again.

imagine-no-religion

Brace yourselves: Freedom From Religion’s anti-Christmas campaign is coming – and is here.

Tags: ,

15 Responses to “Freedom from religion again.”

1. Leanne #

somebody from this site asked me to post what is being posed to me. I did, this is what was posed to me today. I asked you people to stop posting and you haven't. You call yourself stand up for the truth but you people have not much truth in you. I will ask again STOP sending me your junk mails If I keep getting them I will have to report this website for harassment. Do you understand? Leave me alone!

November 22, 2013 at 2:26 PM Reply
  2. Matthew #

I agree! I love Christ, hate religion…..Gandhi said it best, " I like your Christ, but not your Christians".

Man has done so much to stifle the spread of Christianity. If they would just get out of the way and let Christ do the heavy lifting we would be further along in society.

November 25, 2013 at 11:16 AM Reply
  3. Cherie #

Christ is not in Christmas. Christmas is a Roman invention. No one can claim they haven't heard the history behind what is now known as Christmas. Also, no one can claim they don't know approximately when Jesus was born, and it wasn't Dec 25. If the early church celebrated the birth of Christ it would be in the book of Acts, would it not? All we were commanded to do was to partake in the Lord's Supper to "remember His death until He returns.

So called Christians are fighting for something that has its roots in paganism. Huh? Why would any Christian claim a relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ and yet celebrate His birth with a day set aside to celebrate pagan gods? Why do Christians allow satan to blind them?

I was once so into Christmas. But once God the Holy Spirit opens your eyes and He shows you the deception, it is up to you to deny yourself and stop compromising the Faith once delivered to the saints.

Choose to ignore and it is to your detriment. This so called holiday is lust for the eyes and lust of the flesh (I want, I want, I want). Yes, it is a beautiful spectical of lights, and adorned trees, and excess of materials, and food beyond anyone's ability to eat at one time. It is also a great lie. I know, I was once a partaker of this deception and now reap the what I have sown. Unbelieving children.

Most of us grew up in this deception. A deception so deep, so cleverly devised, no one notices what they are doing and will verbally and physically attack you if you tell them the truth. A so called season of love is marked by violence over a toy. Does this sound like it is for Jesus?

So signs like the one in this article means nothing to me. You might say, "how can you not love Christmas?" I ask you, satan comes as an angle of light, not a scary figure the world tries to perpetuate. Why, because something looks good do you not test it against the Word of God? Why do you take the word of many, instead of the Word of One, God? Have you read the Word of God? Do you think it is okay to pick and choose what you will believe of what Jesus talked about, and not face the consequences? I know I will answer for what I have done at the Judgement Seat of Christ, and so my friend, will you.

Jesus said to remember His death, not His birth. The Gospel is about His death, burial and Resurrection, not His birth. The pride of life is so rooted in our soul that we tune out the Lord Jesus. He said the path to destruction is broad, and the road to everlasting life is narrow. Can you discern what this means? There are more going to hell than to heaven. There are more going the way of satan than the way of the Lord. (Saved). Why do you think the Apostle Paul tells us to examine ourselves to see if we are still in the Faith? So we can immediately repent of errors! Brothers and Sisters I implore you to carefully think about this.

Jesus told us in HIs Word that the world hates Him and they, the world, will hate us too. So if the world hates Jesus, why would they celebrate His birth? They don't! Jesus also said what has light to do with darkness? Righteousness with unrighteousness? Umm…….thinking yet? One other point I am going to make; while you are enjoying your expansive holiday dinner, there are children starving in this world along with their parents. Believers like you and me are starving.

When I think about all the wasted money I spent on things that are temporal, I feel disgusted with myself. All that wasted money could have fed someone, or many.

I am not telling you not to give gifts to your children, or family. But why give gifts on a day that the world celebrates. Give gifts to your children and family. But as the Word says, "do not do as the heathen do". God is very succinct with this regard.

Go read about the two witnesses in Revelation 11. When they are finally killed, the Word says the world will celebrate it by giving gifts and having a celebration. Doesn't that sound familiar? Could Christmas be a precursor to this event? We as Christians cannot ignore this fact. If you believe the Word of God more than you believe in yourself or the world then hear me and research it for yourself. But beware, I have found there are many who say Christmas isn't Christian, but neither are they. Like Messianic Christians, or Sabbath Keepers. Be careful how you research. Stand for the Truth interviewed Carly Marciano back in October in the segment about Halloween. Her website also has information about Christmas.

I am not telling anyone not to partake in Christmas. I am asking, for the sake of the Lord to look at it truthfully. For the sake of your children. This day has definitely become a stumbling block for the bretheran and until we recognize our error, we will be in disobedience.

Why does this sign offend the average Christian? Because the average Christian is still in disbelief.

This sign does not bother me one bit because Christ is not in Christmas. Please do not give me the "liberty in Christ" routine either. Read the Word in context. Paul was speaking to Jewish people about the holy days they follow, not to Christians who want to celebrate a man made holiday. Where is Christ in this man made day?

In the song of praise to a tree? "Oh Christmas Tree"
    In the song about Mary? "Silent Night" is says "mother and child"
    In the song about Snoopy and the Red Baron?
    In the song about a god like figure santa claus?
    and other songs I could mention.

Where is He? No where because He is not in it.

My husband and my youngest son will be putting up lights this coming weekend and I am heartbroken. The lights on my house will remind me of 2 Corinthians 11 – Satan comes as an angel of light. And Jesus warned about blasphemy of the Holy Spirit when the Pharisees called the Holy Spirit in Jesus Beelzebub in Matthew 12:24. Equating the spirit of Christmas with the Holy Spirit is blasphemy and should be avoided at all cost.

Many will blast me for this post, but no matter.

Galatians 1:10
    For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.

One more mention about the poor. If you think you've done all you can by giving, that is great. But why dishonor God by apply a day to His Son when He should be our everyday? And that giving should be sacrificial in heart. Look at what Jesus said in Mark 12:

Mark 12:41-44

41 And Jesus sat over against the treasury, and beheld how the people cast money into the treasury: and many that were rich cast in much.

42 And there came a certain poor widow, and she threw in two mites, which make a farthing.

43 And he called unto him his disciples, and saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That this poor widow hath cast more in, than all they which have cast into the treasury:

44 For all they did cast in of their abundance; but she of her want did cast in all that she had, even all her living.

Is giving much bad, no. But giving out of abundance is easy. The widow gave all she had made that day. It isn't just the giving, its the heart behind the giving and the heart of man for himself. We all must examine this.

Jesus said to store our treasure in heaven. That where our treasure is is where our heart will be. Has the so called treasures of this world captured your heart more than your heart for the Lord?

If we truly believe what He teaches, then why do we need this day? Why also, being that most atheist are not for God, would you be offended by this sign?

Brothers and Sisters in Christ the people behind this sign need your love and compassion because their unbelief has condemned them! They are going to suffer for eternity if they don't repent. I pray you are not happy about that fact.

We are going to suffer if we don't repent!

Do not be disturbed by this sign or the fights for the ten commandments in secular halls.

Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. Colossians 3:16 KJV

Prepare your hearts now for His soon return, Glory to God! The celebration at that time will be so much more than the pale comparison of Christmas. It will not be easy, you will definitely be attacked for it, but if you truly claim to be a follower of Christ:

Romans 8:18
    For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

Grace and Peace to you from our Lord Jesus Christ and our Father God.

your sister in Christ Jesus,
    Cherie c.

November 27, 2013 at 2:22 AM Reply
  4. Marie #

Cheri,
    You are correct. We, like the Bereans, have searched the Scriptures over and over and have found no reference to celebrating a ficticious festival entitled "christmas."
    It is found no where, and I repeat, no where in the Word of God, thus we are not commanded by God to pay homage nor celebrate it.

In the essence of reality, the laity has been lied to somewhere along the lines of religion. People have believed what leadership has told them without checking the Scriptures to test the spirits against the very Word of God. We are full to overflowing with the consummation of the flesh; lazy and gluttonous in our spiritual relationship wth Jesus Christ.

And one of the aspects of the religious that is profound is this…..for all of the "discernment" ministries out there, pointing out the error of this one or that one, or this organization or that one…..still…..promotes and celebrates a humanistic doctrine called christmas, and proceeds to place our LORD and Savior in the midst of it all.

Thus, while preaching "sound doctrine" they are fools in promoting a doctrine that does not exist in the early congregations following the Resurrection of Jesus Christ. Jesus is "The Way", not christmas folks!

Celebrating what Jesus Christ has done for me…..every breathing day of the year, until He decides it is time to come home to Him. Alleluia and PRAISE THE LORD!

November 27, 2013 at 5:36 AM Reply
  5. lyn #

Cherie and Tess,

I wanted to share this with you, from A. W. Pink, on Christmas…
    iamhis-lyn.blogspot DOT com/2013/11/christmas-is-coming DOT html

You may like to read this as well, by Pastor Jim McClarty -iamhis-lyn.blogspot DOT com/2011/11/is-christmas-christian-tradition DOT html

May the Lord bless you

November 27, 2013 at 1:51 PM Reply
  6. lyn #

Cherie,

I hold to the doctrines of grace as well, not because John Calvin taught them, but because Christ and His apostles taught them. I have not read anything by Calvin, so I certainly cannot credit him with what God Himself teaches in His word!

November 28, 2013 at 4:44 AM Reply
  7. Cherie #

Dave Hunt did a teaching on this as well.

Dave Hunt – What Love Is This – Calvinism's Misrepresentation of God on Youtube.

December 3, 2013 at 7:17 AM Reply
  8. lyn #

Cherie,
    I appreciate your reply, however, I don't hold to Calvinism. I have heard things about Calvin that are troubling, and as I've stated, the doctrines of grace did not originate with him.
    I hold to the doctrines of grace yes, because I find them in God's word, taught by the Apostles and by our Lord Himself. To assume those who hold to such a view are not loving, or don't evangelize the lost, or any of the other accusations made simply isn't true. I certainly have no desire to defend John Calvin, and I won't. He isn't who I follow; the doctrines of grace are found throughout the Scriptures, perhaps the best apologist on this subject is Dr. James White of Alpha and Omega ministries. He is far superior at defending these doctrines than I am.
    If Calvin made light of the love of God, shame on him. However, many Christians over-emphasize the love of God and have no clue concerning His other attributes, mainly God's holiness. In the end, Ephesians 2:1, 5, 8 and 9 clearly state how salvation is wrought in the heart of sinners…all by God's grace. Knowing what I know and believing in these doctrines brings such deep gratitude for what God has done for me, the triune God. All glory goes to Him!

I am somewhat familiar with Dave Hunt, he holds to Arminianism, which I find deadly. There simply isn't a verse in all of Scripture that states an unregenerate sinner simply chooses Christ, or decides for Him. Paul Washer does a nice job of speaking out against this, as does Jim McClarty; in fact, McClarty has a youtube video entitled 'faith is a gift' which goes into the Greek grammatical structure of Eph. 2:8-9…it really is worth watching.

December 3, 2013 at 1:00 PM Reply