Today we are asking you our listeners about what should we expect of the church in our time. Many of you have been looking for the perfect church, and while we don’t make recommendations we do want to at least start that discussion, as we are planning a program for the end of the year that will lay all of this out.
Of course we know that there is no such thing as a perfect church, as we are all fallen human beings. And we also know that the church isn’t a building, it is a body of believers, and so we need to make sure our expectations are realistic.
Churches today have asked these questions about what their church should be:
- Christ-centered or seeker friendly? Can we be both?
- Only for committed believers or for unbelievers?
- Should pastors get into the habit of sharing the complete gospel message at every service?
Joining us for our discussion in this first segment is a pastor from Florida, Carl Gallups. Carl is senior pastor of Hickory Hammock Baptist Church in Florida, and he also hosts of YouTube Christian Apologetics – God and Country channel PPSIMMONS. His other books include one specifically for helping Christians share Christ with Atheists titled, The Magic Man in the Sky: Effectively Defending the Christian Faith. His latest is titled, THE RABBI WHO FOUND JESUS.
- Strength for the Church (standupforthetruth.com)
- The growing power of governments (standupforthetruth.com)
- CHURCH SHOPPING? 35 KEY QUESTIONS TO ASK THE CHURCH
- WHERE HAS THE PASSION FOR DOCTRINE GONE?
- PASTOR PARSLEY ZIP-LINES TO PULPIT OVER CHEERING CONGREGANTS
- NEW PUBLICITY STUNT PUTS PASTOR ON A BUCKING HORSE