Hillsong’s surprising statement about “Allah”

chrislamBrace yourself. Brian Houston believes that Christians and Muslims serve the same God.

Watch him say it yourself:

Enhanced by Zemanta

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

15 Responses to “Hillsong’s surprising statement about “Allah””

1. redroksaz #

Just listened to the Brian Houston video you provided. Could not and did not hear him say "the muslim and you ,we actually served the same God'? Please tell us at what minute/seconds does he make this statement?

March 18, 2014 at 5:35 PM Reply
    • It’s there at 1:29.

March 19, 2014 at 10:41 AM Reply
    • GunzRloaded #

Sorry ''reddroksaz'' but it is said just like ''Amy Spreeman'' says in her reply at approx. minute 1:29.
      I be praying that God gives you ears to hear..!! in thy name Lord Jesus Christ,amen..!!

March 26, 2014 at 2:28 PM Reply
    • Angela Tyler #

Go to 1 minute 28 seconds and he says this: "We actually serve the same God. Allah to a Muslim and Abba Father to us."

May 29, 2014 at 4:09 PM Reply
  2. redroksaz #

Statement is not in the video you provided. What's up with that?

March 18, 2014 at 5:51 PM Reply
    • I am asking the blogger who shared it. It is very possible that Houston's people have edited that part out. If so, no worries – I just happened to have captured the original. Stay tuned…

March 19, 2014 at 10:28 AM Reply
  3. lyn #

Redroksaz

I just listened, it is there, just like Amy said, right at the timing mark she provided. You need to listen again! Brian Houston is speaking lies. The Muslim 'god' is Allah, the Christian God is Jehovah. The Muslim god doesn't even exist. The God of the Bible is real, He is omnipotent, omniscient, sovereign, and reigns over all His creation. He alone is God, there is no other.

March 19, 2014 at 12:20 PM Reply
  4. JTH #

Brian is also with Empowered21. A global congress on Holy Spirit empowerment in the 21st century

March 23, 2014 at 12:19 PM Reply
  5. Joshua #

I listened to the video and I don't believe that he's saying what this article makes it sound like. I would have to argue his point. It was the same God…. originally. It is most definitely not the same God any more. Do you really know Obama if you listen to the news? Depending on which station you tune into, you'd know a completely different guy. This is just taking that same thing a step further. They were taught the wrong things growing up. The real problem is that when they denied Jesus, they denied God. Brian Houston actually said that you need to view God through the lens of the New Testament and through Jesus Christ. If you don't you can never truly know God. Muslims aren't the enemy. People are only ever deceived. They believe they know God because they have been told that that is who God is. And they are looking at the same God. But they see him through the lens they were brought up seeing. CS Lewis made a similar point in the Narnia books. In "The Last Battle", there was a young soldier who served the god of his people(who in this case, strongly pointed to Alla). I'm not going to attempt to interpret exactly what Lewis meant in his book because I didn't know him personally. But one of the greatest Christian minds EVER…… sort of said the same thing. All I'm saying is that, people can be deceived. Satan only ever knows how to distort. And his greatest distortion, in my opinion, is to distort who God is to people like: Muslims, Jehovah's Witness, and Mormons. And I would go as far as to add Westboro Baptist Church to that list. They distort God. Just in a different way. But we do serve the same God as them. We just actually know Him. And even that is only through the grace that was given to us. We are able to see Him through the lens of: The New Testament, Jesus Christ(who is God), and through His love and grace. Done ranting now. But I do believe Brian Houston is a great pastor and very wise.

March 25, 2014 at 8:56 AM Reply
    • Melissa #

Jesus says that if you reject him, you reject the Father. Anyone who does not believe that Jesus is the Son of God is the Anti-Christ.

July 17, 2014 at 3:08 PM Reply
  6. Craig Doriot #

Josh, he is definitely saying what the article is claiming, though very subtly. I have a full breakdown here: http://stuffaboutgod.com/hillsong-church-brian-ho

March 26, 2014 at 9:58 AM Reply
  7. Rob #

I'd like to watch this but I do not see the link here. Any ideas?

March 31, 2014 at 7:21 AM Reply
  8. CBD #

I agree with you Joshua. I sincerely believe that the pastor's point was about being careful about how we view God and that the only way we should view him is through the lens of our Savior Jesus Christ.Should he have been more careful to explain more about what he meant and not just gloss over what he said? Sure otherwise he could be misconstrued which is exactly what I believe has happened. The Muslims accept the Torah and Gospels and believe in "One God" but have a really skewed understanding of who God is and his nature by supplanting the bible's teachings with their own additional teachings and beliefs recorded by someone they call Muhammad. As a result, they have distorted who God is therefore qualify as a false religion whose idea of God cannot therefore be the true God of the bible and Christianity. This is what the parable of the talents speaks to in one sense. The last servant had a very skewed image of the master (God) and so he acted in a manner contrary to the master's instructions resulting in what he had being taken away and him being thrown out of the kingdom. Let us pray, that we can lead our Muslim brothers and sisters we know to understand that knowing and understanding the one true God goes beyond the Torah; excludes any and all beliefs not contained in the Bible (God's inspired word) and is revealed gloriously in the new testament of love and salvation by grace through faith in Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior who came in the flesh, died for our sins and was raised again. Sadly, even many 'christian' religions, though they believe in Jesus as the Son of God, are also guilty of distorting who God is. Technically, too,their view of God isn't the same as the God of the bible.

April 1, 2014 at 2:15 PM Reply
    • Geordie #

As a Christian I don't have any Muslim brothers or sisters I have only brothers and sisters in Christ! Muslims are not in Christ. Only true believers are children of God, that is Christian believers!

June 9, 2014 at 7:36 AM Reply
  9. Esther #

I can't believe this happening! I mean in Old testament, Islams were originally Persians and Babilonions who believed Baal and other gods and were constantly in conflict with Israelites and bible tells us God supported Israels through those hardships. Therefore not same rooted. And Yes, Jesus came to perfect old testament but he firmlybsaid only through Him we are to be saved and as a Christian, we should firmly believe and support that!

April 4, 2014 at 8:28 PM Reply