Are you really saved?

Examine Yourself

2 Corinthians 13:5 tells us we need to examine ourselves to see if we really believe and are saved. What could be more important for every professing Christian to do than that?

Are You Really Saved?Today we’ll talk about the idea behind why God would ask us to do this, and why it’s especially important to do in an era of false conversions and the great falling away that Jesus warned us about.  We are in such a time right now, and it has propelled Mike to write his new book, Are You Really Saved?  Understanding Sin, Grace, Salvation and Sanctification.

The book is now available through Amazon, or you could make a donation to our ministry in any amount directly through our website via PayPal, and we will send you a copy. (It’s sort of like a “bake sale!”)  You can know that 100-percent of your donation will support our ministry.

Plus, news updates including the latest on a Christian mom and wife in the Sudan on death row. Her captors said she would be whipped 100 times and executed by hanging, once she gave birth. That day has come.  And news on a “GLBT” teachers conference in Boston that reveals latest plans to push homosexuality even further into schools. Well organized, fueled with taxpayer dollars.

Tags:

6 Responses to “Are you really saved?”

1. Cherie c. #

Mike mentioned that support from brothers and sisters help you obtain an objective view of holiness. Where I am, there are only apostate churches. Where can one find a brother or sister to fellowship with in these last days? If the churches around you are not seeking holiness or preaching the Gospel, how then are we to grow? I do most of my fellowship on line. Which just came to an end because a site I go to doesn't allow posting anymore because of the false things some put there, so the moderator discontinued the positing ability.

As I listen Mike to this program, I am interested in getting your book, thru SUFTT to support the ministry. I used to have the opinion that we do not need man written books when we have a God written book to live by. But as I hear you describe what is in it, I pray it helps me understand what the Word is saying when I read it. Although I will continue to rely upon the Holy Spirit. Also, as I listen, I am sad. Envious at most that you and Amy have a place to go to fellowship that is rightly preaching the Word of God and His Gospel. I do not have that luxury where I am.

I am not always in agreement with the guests you have on your program, but the good thing is, it has me turning to the Word on a daily basis, even more so than I already do (which is a great thing).

I at times question my salvation, and I am always worried about losing it. I know all of those who profess to be saved hopfully have a continued knowledge that we could be false converts and I don't know about anyone else, but it scares me. I don't ever let my guard down and I always see what the Word has to say about anything I read or hear or see. I cry when I think I may hear my Lord say to me, "I never knew you". It keeps me up at night sometimes. And as far as doing things right, well, let's just say I am so full of joy the Lord is merciful because I never seem to get it right on a consistent basis. I fail Him at least once a day, I am sure more, but I hate it when I do sin. Sometimes if I lose my patience with someone, I carry that guilt around for a day or two. The remorse is palatable.

Thanks for tackling the tough topics of this narrow road and the ringing of the warning bell, so to speak, to the brothers and sisters in Christ. Stay humble, know you are in my prayers.

your sister in Christ Jesus

May 28, 2014 at 10:26 AM Reply
  2. Cherie c. #

This poor woman. It makes me so sad and scared. I pray the Lord is with her through this. Pray for her. I esteem her so much better than i because of her enduring faith. I pray that I could be that faithful when the time comes. My heart is breaking this very minute.

May 28, 2014 at 11:19 AM Reply
  3. Cherie c. #

The woman I spoke of in my last post was the Christian woman in Sudan. Sorry if it wasn't clear. I was writing my comments while listening to the broadcast. No Canada, I spent some time about a year ago, and there is none.

The Lord brought me out of a church falling away in 2010 and I searched a long while. I have stopped searching because there is none. At this time I'd rather not say where I live, but it is a resort area. I have been blessed with the Lord leading me to sites like this and a few others. There really are few places in the real world and the virtual world where truth is taught. All though there is much error everywhere in Christianity, it is getting worse. There is real visual evidence of the falling away. Time is short.

After this broadcast, Amy and Mike, I spent much of the day distraught. Everything is vanity, especially in light of what that Sudan woman is dealing with. A famous person dies and the world reacts. A woman in Sudan faces certain torture and death and no one cares. Everyone goes about their day and it is back page news. I look on in sadness at the whole on purpose ignorance or the turn of a blind eye. I am so disgusted with this world it is palatable.

I wonder is anyone got on their knees and prayed for this young woman and her husband and children. I wonder if anyone got on their knees and prayed for her captors. Sometimes I wonder if anyone prays at all anymore. Why aren't we calling an assembly to pray for this woman? To pray for so many things. To repent? Why? Mike and Amy, you have many listeners, why can't you have a broadcast for just prayer? Like the early church prayed for Peter and he was set free! Would you do that? Would you break from the format on occasion to call a solemn assembly to pray? Mike, as a brother in Christ, would you lead this time of prayer? I hear crickets. The silence is deafening. May God have mercy on us.

your sister in Christ Jesus

May 28, 2014 at 8:36 PM Reply
  4. Cherie c #

Canada, Thank you for the encouragement. I cannot start a church because I am a woman, but I will pray for a godly man to start one. I am praying for the Lord to lead me to start a woman's Bible study, I leave it in His hands.

yes, Meriam Ibrahim is the young sister in Christ I am talking about. Thank you for letting me know that brothers and sisters in Christ are praying for her.

I can only hope I am saved Canada. Jesus is our only hope. I do not sit back on my laurels and consider myself as having arrived. I am so far from it. I do however hope for the salvation He offers. All I can do is hold on and stay close to the Lord. I would be very blessed to find other brothers and sisters in Christ in my area. To God be the Glory. May God bless and keep you humble and close to Him Canada.

your sister in Christ Jesus

May 29, 2014 at 8:59 AM Reply
  5. I'm in the process of reading your book. I understand where people are coming from when they say no book, but the Bible. However Mike's book is written as a tool so that the Bible can be more clearly understood. It isn't going to take the place of reading the word. It has been my experience that there are concepts and principles in the Bible that are easily missed. The when applied help bring a clarity so that reading the Bible can be awesome.

June 5, 2014 at 7:03 AM Reply
  6. Hey,

Every human must read this article "stand up for the truth"…. TRUTH NEVER FAILS…. Truth saves always…. Truth never go in vain… Truth saves

June 25, 2014 at 11:47 AM Reply