Remember Tickle Me Elmo, the hottest-selling toy from many Christmases past? In 1996 everyone was talking about it, and it shaped future toys for years to come. But like the Emergent Church, the toy took on new characteristics over the years, with fresh new marketing strategies and technologies to entertain today’s generation. As the Emergent Church has morphed, the ear-tickling messages coming from it post-modern leaders is just as enticing and must-have as in the past.
Why do we so need our ears to be tickled with the latest trends and spiritual fads? Today we’re exploring this with our guest, author Scott Alan Buss. Scott uses his writing gifts to uniquely wake up the sleeping Church. Scott’s first book, “Fire Breathing Christians: The Common Believer’s Call to Reformation, Revival, and Revolution” was launched in 2010, and “Apathetic Christianity: The Zombie Religion of American Churchianity” will be out this month. Check out Scott’s blog here.
- The Watchman’s calling (standupforthetruth.com)
- The “churched,” the “unchurched,” and the hyper-churched (lighthousetrailsresearch.com)
- God – Or Mister Potato Head? Whom Do You Worship? (standupforthetruth.com)
- How do Christians get from Truth to New Spirituality? (standupforthetruth.com)
- Jezebel in The Church (standupforthetruth.com)
- Find that “perfect” church! Key questions to ask (standupforthetruth.com)