Does Jesus command anyone to rebuke, bind, or cast out demons? Today we are tackling a very controversial issue for Christian believers: Spiritual Warfare. Just these words alone may make you feel uncomfortable. And no doubt we do face a battlefield in the spiritual realm that seems to be intensifying.
Many Christians hear the word Deliverance Ministry and Spiritual Warfare, and red flags instantly go up. There seem to be three camps of Christians who raise concerns: The first are the ones who don’t believe that the demonic realm is real. The second group strongly opposes any involvement with the demonic at all, and says that we must flee the devil, not engage with him. The third are those who are understandably concerned about the historical beginnings of deliverance ministries from within the New Apostolic Reformation movement. We’re going to talk about all three of these areas today with our guest, Dr. Karl Payne, who has written a book titled, Spiritual Warfare: Christians, Demonization and Deliverance.
For over 25 years, Dr. Payne has trained people through his discipleship and apologetics materials. He serves as the Pastor of Leadership Development at Antioch Bible Church, is the Founder of the Transferrable Cross Training Foundation, and serves as the chaplain for the Seattle Seahawks.
Related articles (on ALL sides. You may or may not agree with all of these):
- Spiritual Warfare (fjrestorationministries.wordpress.com)
- To The Deliverance Minister… (settingcaptivesfree.me)
- Mark Driscoll speaking to demons: “I want to know who all is involved here and what we’re dealing with.” (solasisters.blogspot.com)
- Deliverance and Spiritual Warfare For Such A Time As THIS! (settingcaptivesfree.me)
- Be Prepared for Endtime Spiritual Warfare (pamsheppard.wordpress.com)
- When Deliverance Ministry Fails (settingcaptivesfree.me)
- Gladiator-style takedown of demonic forces, Part 1, by Marsha West (christianresearchnetwork.com)
- To The Deliverance Minister… (pamsheppard.wordpress.com)
- Gladiator-style takedown of demonic forces, Part 2, by Marsha West (christianresearchnetwork.com)