There are many, many Christian-based organizations locally and around the world ready and able to help those who desire to break the bondage of sexual sin. If you need support, you do not have to face this journey alone. And if you are a family member or friend –or even a Church– wanting to help bring the light and hope of Jesus Christ to those needing your help, here are but a few organizations to contact:
- Bridge of Hope A Christian ministry based in Wisconsin whose mission is to equip churches, friends and families to understand and help those struggling with homosexuality by speaking the truth in love.
- Reclamation Resource Center of Oshkosh, Wis. Real and lasting change is available to those who desire freedom from unwanted homosexual attractions. There is also help for families and friends of gays, lesbians and bisexuals to reconcile with their loved ones, but not at the expense of their values. Reclamation Resource Center does this by proclaiming the reality of homosexuality and change to all who will listen and by offering a message of grace concerning homosexuality and Christianity. We also provide information about the ex-gay experience and a compassionate dialogue about homosexuality and the Bible.
- Coming Out Again Ministries A Christian ministry that provides a personal biblical counseling and discipleship program, family support groups, family network placement program, program books, workbooks, CDs, DVDs and other services for free to those who are accepted to the discipleship program.
- New Direction for Life Ministries A Christian group in Canada that offers support to those choosing to leave same-sex attraction (homosexuality), and equipping the church to minister effectively and compassionately.
- One by One The ex-gay ministry of the Presbyterian church. P.O. Box 10055, Rochester, NY 14610, phone: 716/482-1991.
- SameSexAttraction.org An informational Web site that explains the issues about same-sex attraction (homosexuality) and provides alternatives for those who choose not to be gay. Based on traditional Judeo-Christian beliefs. Contains practical helps and resources.
- Transforming Congregations A ministry of United Methodist Churches that affirms “the Biblical position that God loves all persons, that homosexual practice is one sin among many and that the Holy Spirit is available to transform all persons – including homosexual persons.” P.O. Box 7146, Penndel, PA 19047, phone: 215/752-9655.
True Freedom Trust A Christian, ex-gay ministry based in the United Kingdom.
- Where Grace Abounds A Christian ministry that guides and supports men and women who seek to understand sexuality and relationship, and to inspire all people to know and personally appropriate God’s plan for their sexuality and relationships. Provides help with sexual addiction, pornography, past sexual abuse, homosexuality, sexual identity, false intimacy, boundaries, and codependency.
- Witness Freedom Ministries, Inc. African American outreach, evangelism and support to same-sex-attracted men and women.
- Exodus International This network of interdenominational Christian ministries is changing and there have been concerns about direction, but there are still good resources here that offer support to men and women seeking to overcome same-sex attraction (homosexuality). Exodus maintains a referral list of ministries, churches, and individuals. It also publishes a newsletter and sponsors conferences. Call or write for an introductory packet of information. PO Box 540119, Orlando, FL 32854, phone 407-599-6872.