President, Watchman Fellowship, Inc.
The presidential campaign has made the religion of Mormonism a hot topic in the national conversation. Are Mormons Christian? They believe they are. After all, their Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints has Jesus right in the name.
Today, we’re going to define Mormonism for you, and provide many resources at the bottom of this post so you can study for yourself and decide, is Mormonism just another denomination of Christianity with a different twist, or something else? Joining us on today’s program is someone who knows Mormonism from the inside out. James K Walker is the president of Watchman Fellowship, and a former fourth-generation Mormon himself.
Watchman Fellowship is an apologetics and discernment ministry that provides research and evaluation on cults, the occult, and new religious movements from a traditional Christian perspective. Rev. Walker is directly involved with evangelism and apologetics in a variety of related fields including Mormonism, the New Age Movement, Armstrongism, Satanism and the occult.
He speaks at churches and universities throughout the world, and evangelizes to the lost at Jehovah’s Witnesses’ conventions, Mormon temple openings and New Age events.
Because of his background and love for those lost in the cults and alternative religions, James Walker has invested his life into reaching them with the true Gospel of Jesus Christ. His desire is to work together with local churches to evangelize those in the cults and to bring them into healthy, Bible-centered churches.
Stand Up For The Truth Resource: All About Mormons: a side-by-side comparison
- Poll of Americans: Better a Mormon than a Muslim in White House (christianitytoday.com)
- 6 Reasons Why Mormons Are Beating Evangelicals in Church Growth (thegospelcoalition.org)
- Can Christians vote for a Mormon? (thecripplegate.com)
- Romney opening up a bit on his Mormonism (onenewsnow.com)
- Mormonism and Visitations From the Dead (christianresearchnetwork.org)
- Old Mormon vs New Mormon. (defendingcontending.com)
- Mormons and Christians: The national conversation
- Mormonism isn’t Christianity, even if the president of Fuller Theological Seminary says otherwise. (defendingcontending.com)
- Mitt Romney and Mormonism: The Conversion of James Walker (lamblion.us)
- What is Mormonism? What do Mormons believe?
- Witnessing to Mormons – what is the key?
- Who was Joseph Smith?