All this week we’re talking about that balance of Truth and Love. It’s a spectrum that seems to range from love-love-love-love, to truth-truth-truth, until you are either watered down or beaten into submission!
On one end of the spectrum, we refuse to compromise the truth and our attitude is, “this is what we stand for and if you don’t like it, don’t come in.” On the other side, we adapt to the culture and relax our biblical standards in the hopes of bringing the lost into the church. Somewhere along the spectrum, the church has got to find that perfect blend of truth and love.
If you are a church, have you found that perfect blend? How do you navigate the fact that the culture wars seem to have been lost?
In our second half today we’re joined by guest David Dolan, an American author and journalist who has lived and worked in Israel since 1980. David has worked for Voice of Hope radio in war-torn southern Lebanon, as well as CBS radio. Davis also writes a regular opinion column for World Net Daily. He was also just up in the Appleton, Wisc., area a few weeks ago for the Great Lakes Prophecy Conference at Calvary Chapel.
- Can we reclaim the Church? (standupforthetruth.com)
- Critics Target ‘Charlie Brown Christmas’ (radio.foxnews.com)
- Volatile times in the Church (standupforthetruth.com)
- School apologizes after kids taught about gay foreplay (radio.foxnews.com)
- Progressive Christianity’s revolution (standupforthetruth.com)
- “Progressive Christians Enter the Age of Relevancy” (standupforthetruth.com)
- Christian churches hold broad spectrum of views (syracuse.com)
- Progressive faith rises, denominational loyalty falters (standupforthetruth.com)
- Christian University Bans Conservative Student Club (radio.foxnews.com)