Today we’ve got quite a bit of news to cover! A little later, we’ll be talking about a new article from one of our guests, Warren Smith, about a version of the Bible called The Message and it’s New Age implications of Eugene Peterson’s version of The Lord’s Prayer.
We’ll also cover an article we shared yesterday about the Bride of Christ, and why some of our listeners are taking issue with it.
In our first segment, our good friend Elijah Abraham is back as our guest. Elijah is a born-again Christian who reaches out to Muslims with the Gospel, and he himself was once in their shoes having been raised a Muslim believer in Iraq. Elijah is part of Biblical Missiology, the group that recently petitioned Wycliffe and its partners for removing familial terms to describe God and Jesus from Bible translations used to reach Muslim communities. Elijah is the founder and executive director of Living Oasis Ministries, where you’ll find a host of resources. Check out Elijah’s news articles at Right On Weekly,an online magazine.
Articles mentioned today:
The Political Warfare Campaign Against U.S. Counter-Terrorism Experts (counterjihadreport.com)
- Paradigm shifts and compromise: What’s next? (standupforthetruth.com)
- The problematic Message “Bible” (standupforthetruth.com)
- The New Age Implications of The Message “Bible’s” “As Above, So Below” (lighthousetrailsresearch.com)
- The Message spawns more books (standupforthetruth.com)
- Evangelize or Compromise? (standupforthetruth.com)
- California Episcopal Church to Host, Support Islamist Convention (creepingsharia.wordpress.com)