Today we continue our look at how we, as a Church, are commissioned to share the Gospel wherever we are and wherever we go. In a culture that is growing increasingly hostile toward God and toward Christians in many cases, many predict there will be a time in the not-so-distant future where Christians will not be able to freely live out their faith or share the life-giving Hope of our Savior.
Joining us in our first segment is Matt Bowman, of Alliance Defending Freedom (Formerly called “Alliance Defense Fund”), is here to explain how the number of discrimination cases against Christians is skyrocketing.
Here is how the Church is being silenced across America.
- A second-grade student at a public school in New Jersey was told that she could not sing “Awesome God” in an after-school talent show.
- A pastor of a church in Arizona was ordered to stop holding meetings or Bible studies in his private home.
- Five Christian men were threatened with arrest for sharing their faith on a public sidewalk in Virginia.
- A Christian student at a university in Missouri was threatened with having her degree withheld because she refused to write a letter to the state legislature expressing her support for homosexual adoption.
- A pro-life nurse at a hospital in New York was forced to participate in a late-term abortion, even though her workplace had agreed in writing to honor her religious convictions.
- Has the Gospel been shown the door? (standupforthetruth.com)
- Gospel-less sermons regenerate no one (standupforthetruth.com)
- Syrian Christians Under Siege Need Our Prayers (christianpost.com)
- ‘Extreme Persecution’: This Graphic Shows the 50 Worst Countries to Live in if You’re a Christian (theblaze.com)
- “Can’t find a church!” (standupforthetruth.com)
- The Cost of Compromise (christianresearchnetwork.org)
- Top 10 Reasons our Kids Leave Church (standupforthetruth.com)