What are the red flags of idolatry? Idolatry happens when we fail to test all things in light of the Word, and the ease with which we fall into idolatry when we are not daily grounded in the Word.
But if you’re going to be grounded in the Holy Spirit’s breathed-out word, you need to believe first that the Bible is, indeed, inerrant. A little later on we are going to play a soundbite for you from a very popular pastor who has now admitted that he does not believe the Scriptures in the Old Testament are necessarily true, and that he teaches tens upon tens of thousands of Christians that you don’t need to believe in myths, either. “Just believe in Jesus.” Unfortunately this is becoming common, as evidenced by the visible Church’s ever-rapid descent.
Subscribe (RSS | iTunes)
We are 100% Listener supported. Donate now!
In this first segment, we are checking in with author Scott Alan Buss. His many books include, “Fire Breathing Christians: The Common Believer’s Call to Reformation, Revival, and Revolution” and “Apathetic Christianity: The Zombie Religion of American Churchianity.” He has two new projects soon to be released: “The America Idol – How Christ-less Patriotism Destroys a Nation,” and, “Suprahero – Jesus as the Source of Superheroes.” Check out Scott’s blog here.
- Navigating the news with your family (standupforthetruth.com)
- Adam, Eve and Andy (standupforthetruth.com)
- Adam and Eve and Andy Stanley (donotbesurprised.com)
- Andy Stanley’s Clever Denial of Biblical Inerrancy (fightingforthefaith.com)
- The Fruit of Compromise (christianresearchnetwork.org)
- Is “Jesus Calling” a wrong number? (Book Review)
- Human “cyborgs” Spiritual Transformation and the 2045 Global Future
- Andy Stanley confounds the Church about homosexuality