Romans 8:28: “And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.”
Today we’re talking about a very sensitive topic for many of you: Suffering. Many of you are in the midst of some kind of suffering, or you have been. We’re going to go to Scripture today, and we’re opening our phone lines.
In our first segment, what happens when a loved one gets the news that he or she has cancer? What if that’s been you? For the Christian, we tend to ask a lot of questions of God about our strength and our faith. Why is this happening? What is Your will?
Subscribe (RSS | iTunes)
We are 100% Listener supported. Donate now!
We’re going to introduce you to Scott Finch, a Texas native, who married his bride Dana in 1984. In 2010, she got the diagnosis; Pancreatic cancer. And as Christians, the couple and their three sons experienced Dana’s last 13 months of her life in the full love of Jesus. Scott has written a book dedicated to his wife titled, YOLO (You Only Live Once).
- Rick Warren Journals Grief of Losing Son to Suicide; Describes ‘Comforting Notes’ on Twitter (christianpost.com)
- What does the Bible say about suffering?
- Why does God allow sickness?
- Why does God let innocent people suffer?
- Moody’s Pastors’ Conference Features Lectio Divina (standupforthetruth.com)
- Seven Years of Warning by Lighthouse Trails Go Unheeded (lighthousetrailsresearch.com)
- Faith vs. Reason (answersingenesis.org)