A lot of news to cover today! A little later on, we’re going to catch up with Sarah Leslie, a researcher for Herescope and we’re going to talk about some of the paradigm shifts she has seen in the visible church over the past several decades, and where we seem to be heading.
Up first, if you live in Wisconsin and you are a parent or grandparent of a school-aged child or teen, you’ve probably got some questions about the new federal Common Core standards and curriculum coming to the school systems. All eyes are on Madison today for the first of several public hearings, and we’re checking in with our friend Julaine Appling of Wisconsin Family Action, a fierce advocate for marriage, family, life and liberty. The education arm of this organization is Wisconsin Family Council, and here Julaine works to forward Judeo-Christian principles and values by informing citizens, churches and policymakers about important pro-family legislative and cultural issues so they will be inspired to get involved in preserving and strengthening marriage and family.
Sarah Leslie is the founder of an online journal called Herescope, published by Discernment Ministries Inc. It’s one of the many resources you’ll find on our website, and many of the guests you hear on our program tell us they couldn’t do what they do without her. Today we referenced her article, Altered States: A Different Gate The sober Christian in a spiritually inebriated age.
- Get ready for a paradigm shift (standupforthetruth.com)
- The Visibility or Invisibility of the Church (christianresearchnetwork.org)
- Re-Defining the Emergent Movement (standupforthetruth.com)
- Matthew Vines’ Reformation Strategy: Will it reshape the visible church? (standupforthetruth.com)
- Common Core: What will your students learn? (standupforthetruth.com)
- What to expect at Wisconsin Common Core public hearings (watchdog.org)
- ALL Charges Dropped Against Dad Who Was Arrested After Speaking Out Against Common Core at Public Meeting (theblaze.com)
- Walker says Wisconsin can do better than Common Core (watchdog.org)