We want to do as much as we can to reach out to those in our families and churches who say they are Christian, but do not take the Bible as literal truth. Does it matter? Yes. Jesus said that He is the Truth. And we cannot know Him apart from what His breathed-out Word tells us about Him.
Today we are covering an article from a progressive site, Patheos, titled, 16 Ways Progressive Christians Interpret the Bible. We share it not to recommend the writer’s theology, but to hold it up as an example of how post-modernity has come to certain beliefs, which we view as a slippery slope of dangerous theology. To be fair, we know that they feel the same way about our view of Scripture.
Joining us for the discussion is our guest, Eric Barger. Eric’s Take A Stand! Ministries confronts both the culture and the Church, focusing on the troubling unbiblical trends and doctrinal issues facing Christians.
- Future of Christianity Depends on LGBTQ, Minorities, and Global Church, says C21 Speakers (juicyecumenism.com)
- Letter to the Editor: Where Can My College-Age Child Receive a Four-Year Degree? (lighthousetrailsresearch.com)
- The Rise of a Parallel, Post-Biblical Christianity (9marks.org)
- THE NEXT ERA FOR PROGRESSIVE EMERGENCE
- SIX WAYS PROGRESSIVE THEOLOGY IS DESTROYING CHRISTIANITY
- PROGRESSIVE CHRISTIANITY’S REVOLUTION
- “PROGRESSIVE CHRISTIANS ENTER THE AGE OF RELEVANCY”
- CHRISTIANS USE THE BIBLE TO PROMOTE ABORTION
- MCLAREN’S CANA INITIATIVE MARKS NEW ERA FOR NEO EMERGENTS