Today we will cover a breaking story about an international Christian relief organization announcing that it will now openly embrace homosexual couples into leadership positions. If you or your church sponsors a child or helps with disaster relief through the organization World Vision, you are going to want to pay attention. Will Christian leaders be quick to respond with the truth? One has. Franklin Graham has issued a scathing rebuke. Everyone else so far has remained largely silent. We’re going to get to that story a little later.
First, we’re looking at something we all struggle with: Taking the burdens and battles upon ourselves that God says are His alone. How can we tell we’re doing this? It often manifests in rage, unforgiveness and guilt. Do we really trust God in all things?
Our guest today is Dave Wager, president of Silver Birch Ranch and Nicolet Bible Institute in northern Wisconsin. Dave is also co-hosts a radio program on our station designed to help young people understand the Truth of God’s Word. Check out HopeNet Radio with Dave Wager and Jeff Strommen Sunday evenings from 7 – 9 and have your teens tune in!
- Love and tolerance, or Love and repentance? (standupforthetruth.com)
- Shaking our sin in His face (standupforthetruth.com)
- Liberty, Love and Expedience (standupforthetruth.com)
- World Vision: Why We’re Hiring Gay Christians in Same-Sex Marriages (standupforthetruth.com)
- Franklin Graham: World Vision doesn’t beleive in the Bible (standupforthetruth.com)