Today we are going to cover some new territory for parents, teachers and districts: How should parents respond to the non-discrimination laws enacted by Obama? That question is hitting home for some preschool parents in our area. Last week an Appleton mom picked up her daughter from the new 4K program, and was surprised to learn that a new teacher’s assistant had been hired, who is a transsexual. (Read the news account here)
We interviewed her and you’re going to hear her heart as she says she simply wants to handle the alternative sexuality topic with her daughter when she’s older. Much older.
You’re also going to hear from our guest today, Kyle Olson. Kyle is publisher and founder of EAGnews.org dedicated to education reform. Kyle is a contributor to TownHall.Com and has written a book titled, Conform: Exposing the Truth About Common Core and Public Education.
FreedomProject Education is an excellent homeschool resource for parents around the world, with curriculum that you can use to educate and equip your child without the agenda or Common Core influence from government schools.
- Education agenda? (standupforthetruth.com)
- Suspended sex-change teacher back in class (mobile.wnd.com)
- Three-year-olds chant ‘union power’ after reading new children’s book (eagnews.org)
- Third-graders learn to protest against their school SEIU-style – courtesy of Common Core-aligned lesson (eagnews.org)
- Ex-Appleton teachers aide charged with sex assault of student (jsonline.com)
- …But Not Yet (standupforthetruth.com)
- PARENT: TRANSSEXUAL TEACHER IN APPLETON, WIS., PRE-K CLASS CAUSES CONCERN