Should Christians observe the Sabbath? It is, after all, the 4th Commandment, right? Over the weekend that was the topic of a debate that aired live between our guest today, Pirate Christian Radio’s Fighting for the Faith host Chris Rosebrough and Jim Staley. The event was hosted by Joe Farrah over at WND. You can watch it below, and we’re going to play some sound bites from the debate.
Chris Rosebrough is the host of the daily radio program, Fighting For The Faith, heard around the world on Pirate Christian Radio, a broadcast group he founded to help Christians discern God’s Word by taking a look at what people say and teach in the name of Jesus and holding it up to the light of Scripture.
The bigger question: What is the difference between the Law and Grace? Between the Old and the New Covenant? It’s an important topic as we once again dive into what is unbiblical about the Hebrew Roots Movement that seems to be deceiving many Chistians and putting them back under the very bondage Jesus Christ died to free us from.
Stand Up For The Truth is a radio and online ministry that covers news of the day, trends in the church and theological issues that Christians deal with and talk about every day, and we give you a place to be educated, equipped and connected to help you discern along the way. But most importantly, we point you to Christ Jesus as our Savior, and His Word – the Scriptures, as the truth that you can depend on. In fact, you should filter everything you read, hear and consume as a believer – including what you find on this program – through the Scriptures to see if it lines up.
- Torah Observance – Opposing God, Following Blind Men
- Are Gentile Christians Part of the Lost Tribes of Israel? (Chris Rosebrough)
- “What is the Hebrew Roots movement?”
- More Dangers on The Sacred Name Movement/Hebrew Roots
- The Hebrew Roots Cult
- The Dangers of the Hebrew Roots Movement /The Sacred Name Movement
- What is Messianic Judaism?
- Should a Christian celebrate Hanukkah (Christmaskah)?
- Previous programs we’ve done with Chris:
- On plagiarism, tone, and tribalism
- CREEDS AND PROFESSION: A DYING TRADITION?
- Friendly fire: A “Matthew 18 Moment?”
- Can we reclaim the Church?
- When you find yourself under the bus wheels
- Collectivism in the Church: How did we get here?
- Chrislam: When common ground becomes shaky ground
- Exegesis, Eisegesis and “Narcigesis?” When the Bible becomes about you
- Sabbath Debate: Should we keep the 4th commandment? (standupforthetruth.com)
- Hebrew Roots (standupforthetruth.com)
- Must listen: SUFT’s program on Furtick (steakandabible.com)
- Examining Joel Osteen and Joyce Meyer – Do Your Words Create Reality? (thewordonthewordoffaithinfoblog.com)
- Chris Rosebrough’s Testimony: How the Biblical Gospel Set Him Free (orthosphere.org)
- Tony Jones’ fascinating exchange with Chris Rosebrough (standupforthetruth.com)
- WHO IS PETER DRUCKER, AND WHAT DID HE DO WITH OUR CHURCH?