Why do people who say they are Gospel-believing Christians reject the Gospel as truth? Did you know that the Gospel message of Christ was first revealed to us in Genesis? And yet some have taken very public stances about whether Genesis and Revelation are true, or as one Christian musician recently stated – a bunch of stories that science has proven false.
This might seem like something you could simply agree to disagree about, but it’s way too important a doctrine to dismiss. One of the many foundations in Scripture we stand firm on is the historicity of Adam in the Book of Genesis. Jesus spoke of him as a real person – the first man created – not as an allegorical character against a backdrop of evolution taking billions of years. Adam, Eve, the entire creation account in fact, is central to the Gospel. So why do Christians who say they believe in the Gospel so easily discard Genesis?
In this first segment, we are joined by Jay Seegert, an author, international speaker and co-founder of the Creation Education Center. He is the author of a great resource book titled Let There Be Light. Jay knows well the attacks on God’s Word, and has been on the front lines shining light of Truth for many years.
Subscribe (RSS | iTunes) Having trouble with this podcast? Click Here for tips. We are 100% Listener supported. Donate now! Want our news delivered? Get our WEEKLY WATCHMAN digest, published and sent to you every Friday!
- Why do Gospel-believing Christians reject the Gospel?
- Award-Winning Worship Leader Generates Controversy for Rejecting Genesis as Literal
- Secularism and the college trap
- Does the Bible really say we’re not to judge?
- Cowardly Christian Entertainers
- Baptist Church Cancels Gungor Concert for Rejecting Genesis as Literal
- Shedding truth for a lie
- You are a unique Gospel that God wants to write: Life or lie message?