Have you ever been spiritually manipulated or abused by those in power? Many of you are carrying unimaginable hurts and betrayals from a place where none of that is supposed to happen: in a church. We will share your comments and questions during our program. Plus we’ll share the astounding statement made by one celebrity megapastor’s wife about what God really wants for us. That statement went viral these past few days on the internet of Victoria Osteen, and we’ll share the audio of what she said and see what our guest has to say.
Our guest today is Ingrid Schlueter Ingrid grew up in Christian broadcasting and began producing Christian talk radio at the age of 21. For 7 years, she was publisher of Slice of Laodicea, one of the pioneer Christian blogs covering the compelling spiritual issues of the day. For twenty-three years she produced and co-hosted a syndicated Christian radio show based in Milwaukee, and she continues to track and research the tremendous changes within evangelicalism. You can catch up with Ingrid on her personal website, The Hope Blog.
Subscribe (RSS | iTunes) Having trouble with this podcast? Click Here for tips. We are 100% Listener supported. Donate now! Want our news delivered? Get our WEEKLY WATCHMAN digest, published and sent to you every Friday!
Victoria Osteen’s statement here:
- The “great falling away”
- Compromising Consequences
- The Low-Information Evangelical (LIE), Part 1
- The Great Evangelical Divide
- The morphing of evangelicalism
- Where is the Evangelical Church headed?
- Why Oprah Winfrey gets coaching from Osteen to proclaim: “I Am a Christian”
- Pastors’ letter on Mark Driscoll: Step down from all aspects of ministry and leadership
- The Driscoll Case: Now In the Jury’s Hands
- Spiritual Abuse – The Fallout Can Be Catastrophic
- Hope For Christians Who Have Been Spiritually Abused