“In saying this, Jesus declared all foods clean.” Mark 7:19 is as clear as it can possibly be. We are not under the dietary laws.
Remember before the Law was given, Noah and his descendents were given all animals, every creeping thing, to eat as part of the covenant. (Before that it was every green thing.) And while the Law forbade Israel to eat unclean animals, Jesus fulfilled the Law on the cross as far as dietary and civil laws. The moral laws are still for us today.
But First Timothy 4:3 says that, in later times, false teachers will “forbid people to marry and order them to abstain from certain foods, which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and who know the truth.”
Want more? Check out these links:
- Who were the Judaizers?
- Do Christians have to obey the Old Testament law?
- What does the Bible say about eating food/meat that has been sacrificed to idols?
- What does the Bible say about what foods we should eat?
- Is it allowable for a Christian to eat halal food?
- What does the Bible say about eating/drinking blood?
- Was Jesus a vegetarian? Should a Christian be a vegetarian?
- Why did the Old Testament Law command against the eating of pork?