Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it. Fifty million people died in World war 2 because Adolph Hitler rose to power right under the noses of the German people and the Church in that nation, while the rest of the world seemed oblivious to what was happening.
Are we seeing similar things happen in America these days? A money and power thirsty government and eliminating God from the public discussion? Pastor Carl Gallups joins us to discuss this today. Carl is the author of Be Thou Prepared… We’ll also share some of your comments from yesterday’s discussion on a growing number of born-again Christians stating they are considering not voting in the fall elections.
While Christians in America may not be suffering brutal government persecution yet, Gallups warned, this nation is marching in that direction, [discrimination has begun] and Christians must prepare themselves.
“We can see the beginning signs,” he said. “Where we are now is where persecution always begins. It begins in the small stages, it begins with lampooning and lambasting… it begins with historical revisionism, and it begins with political correctness, and it begins with gun control. All of these things, Nazi Germany did it, North Korea did it, China did it, the Middle East has done it, and now we’re seeing the beginning stages of this in America.” Carl Gallups
Discussion Points from today’s interview:
In chapter 8 of Gallup’s book, he details many similarities between Hitler’s agenda and rise to power and what has been happening in America over the last several decades. Here are some of the concerning parallels:
- Prayer, the Bible, and religious instruction taken out of schools
- Christmas and Easter celebrations forbidden
- Abortion became the “new normal” as did the devaluing of life
- Gun registration (which led to gun confiscation)
- Free speech penalized if it did not align with the State
- The green agenda expanded, which was all about control and regulation
- Too many leaders in the Church did not want to speak up or make waves
- Pastors valued popularity with government over biblical truth and the gospel
- The Church became steeped in mysticism and New Age
- Out of control socialist spending policies led to debt