Pastor Randy White
Rev. White has been the Pastor of First Baptist Church of Katy, Texas since August, 2003. He and his wife, Shelley, have been married 25 years and have two grown children. Rev. White hosts an excellent Thursday evening Bible Study online that you can do here. [NEW BOOK!] The Bible Graphically Presented Dr. White’s Ask the Theologian broadcast
Life as a born-again believer in Jesus Christ is truly a journey. While the grace of God through faith in Jesus Christ instantly rescues is from condemnation, this should be just the beginning of our walk as Christians. The journey moving forward should be one of increased joy, wisdom and sanctification–all by the grace of God.
Today, Pastor Randy White joins us to reflect on what he has learned from serving as a pastor for twenty-five years.
Some points we discussed today – Pastoral Reflections from 25 Years of Ministry:
- Growing a crowd is not hard. Growing a good church is.
- Most churches are too big.
- Things that cause trouble in every church.
- We get too excited about feeling good.
- We gave up a lot when we gave up Sunday night worship.
- The pastor probably didn’t try to offend you.
- Social justice issues are not ‘missions.’
- Not everyone is passionate about the same things, and that’s OK.
- Everyone has expectations. Make sure yours are clear; be gracious when they aren’t met.
- Grace is unbelievable.