Reasons for Hope.
1 Peter 3:15 tells us to always be prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for hope. These days, in a world spinning into disarray, people need all the hope they can get.
Real hope starts and ends by knowing who God is and His plan for this fallen world. But these days public institutions are peddling a false narrative about God and creation. Unless we can point them to the truth, people will remain lost and without help.
When we use issues that are raised in the world to teach a generation how to apply their faith good things happen. By correctly interpreting the evidence that we see around use through the proper world-view we will see things differently. Remember, we don’t have an evidence problem. We have an interpretation of the evidence problem.
Here are some questions Carl received on his recent ministry trip to the Philippines:
- How do we explain fossils if the Bible is true? (In other words, don’t the fossils prove evolution?)
- What about dinosaur bones? Does the Bible talk about dinosaurs?
- Is it possible for a Christian to believe in evolution?
- Who is “Lucy” and is she really one of our ancestors?
- My friends say evolution is a fact and schools teach it as a fact, not theory. How do I answer them?
- If Scripture is true that the human race goes back to one man and one woman and also defines marriage, how do we explain incest? Isn’t it allowed according to the Bible?
Listen to the podcast for Carl’s responses to these and other questions. His ministry is based on helping prepare Christians.
but sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, always being ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, yet with gentleness and reverence; 1 Peter 3:15
We cannot share what we do not know! Check out this powerful video from Carl Kerby and Juan Valdez at Reasons for Hope: