Todd Nettleton is the Director of Media and Public Relations for The Voice of the Martyrs and host of VOM Radio. Todd serves as a voice for persecuted Christians, working with the media to tell people in the United States about the faithfulness of Christ’s followers in 60+ nations where they face persecution for wearing His name.
During 17 years of service at VOM, Todd has traveled the world to interview hundreds of Christians who’ve endured persecution in more than 20 nations. He has been interviewed more than 2,250 times by various media outlets, including CNN, The Associated Press, Los Angeles Times, the BBC, Moody Broadcast Network, Christian Broadcasting Network, Newsweek, The Voice of America, Mission Network News and Trinity Broadcasting Network.
Todd and his wife, Charlotte, have two college-aged sons. In his spare time, Todd enjoys reading, writing, music, travel and sports, including serving as commissioner of a fantasy football league. In 2015 he ran his first half-marathon.
Today, we discuss the challenge of living in this culture and keeping an eternal perspective. We talk about the International Day of Prayer for the Persecuted Church coming up on November 6, as well as the following:
- Asia Bibi in Pakistan. She was supposed to have her appeal heard by the Supreme Court last Thursday, but they AGAIN delayed the hearing and have not announced a new hearing date. She’s been in jail since 2009.
- IRAN: Great story from this week’s Voice of the Martyrs radio program (heard on Q90 FM!) and podcast about an Iranian police officer coming to Christ after taking a phone call from a Christian broadcast partner of VOM’s. They were actually calling to follow up with a new Christian. The police officer picked up the phone because he was in the home to ARREST that guy. But that conversation planted seeds in his heart that eventually sprouted into faith.
- Regarding the International Day of Prayer for the Persecuted Church (November 6), there are FREE resources available from VOM, including downloadable resources. This is a crucial day for every church in America to remember our persecuted family!
- Nigeria: Some of the kidnapped Chibok school girls have been freed. This is great news for them and their families, and a reminder to pray for those still being held.
- Turkey: The murderers of three Christians in Turkey have been sentenced to life in prison…finally! Todd Nettleton actually went to turkey 7 weeks after these murders and met the widows of the martyred believers!
Do this, knowing the time, that it is already the hour for you to awaken from sleep; for now salvation is nearer to us than when we believed. 12 The night is almost gone, and the day is near. Therefore let us lay aside the deeds of darkness and put on the armor of light. Romans 13:11-12
Then His mother and His brothers *arrived, and standing outside they sent word to Him and called Him. 32 A crowd was sitting around Him, and they *said to Him, “Behold, Your mother and Your brothers are outside looking for You.” 33 Answering them, He *said, “Who are My mother and My brothers?” 34 Looking about at those who were sitting around Him, He *said, “Behold My mother and My brothers! 35 For whoever does the will of God, he is My brother and sister and mother.”Mark 3:31-35
In our final segment, David provides a very condensed update from his experience at the 2016 Understanding the Times prophecy conference in Minnesota over the weekend. Here is one of the video interviews behind the scenes at the event.
Jan Markel talks with Amir Tsarfati about World Events
Prophecy Update: Who is Attacking Isis and Why? Amir Tsarfati video, Behold Israel