Ryan Mauro is the National Security Analyst for the Clarion Project, an educational organization focused on Islamist extremism and providing a platform for Muslim voices against it. Their films like “Obsession,” “The Third Jihad,” and “Honor Diaries” have been seen by over 50 million people.
Have you ever bitten into an apple that looks healthy and nutritious, only to find out it had been infested by a worm and was rotten on the inside? Things are not always as they seem, and Christians who cannot discern truth from clever deception can easily become puppets for evil while thinking they are doing God’s will.
Stand Up for the Truth radio started nearly six years ago when this ministry had to take a tough stand against Jim Wallis of Sojourners, a closet Marxist masquerading as a Christian, who had been invited to be the keynote speaker at a Christian youth event. At the time we took some hits for our stance, but time and experience has proven Wallis and his organization is a front for anti-Christian values like abortion and same sex marriage.
This morning we discuss an open letter from AmericanEvangelicals.org exposing who is behind the funding of progressive Christian organizations, and why this movement is so dangerous to the church and America.
We discuss the presidential debate, immigration and the refugee crisis, ISIS, terrorism, and solutions for America.
For the remainder of today’s broadcast, we tackle a hard-hitting letter from American evangelicals:
A Call to Repentance & Renewal: An Open Letter to Christian pastors, leaders, and believers who assist the anti-Christian, progressive movement in America.
After years of earnest but less public attempts, it is now with heavy hearts, and a hope for justice and restoration, that we Christian leaders urge ‘progressive’ evangelicals and Catholics to repent of their work that often advances a destructive liberal political agenda. We write as true friends knowing that most believers mean well. We desire the best for you and for the world God loves.
As recent leaked documents confirm, and as Rev. Jim Wallis of Sojourners eventually admitted, wealthy, anti-Christian foundations, following the lead of billionaire George Soros’s Open Society Foundation, fund and “rent”* Christian ministers as “mascots” serving as surprising validators for their causes. The consequent realities include injury to countless people, the Church, the family, nation and the global Church including many martyrs.
We must reclaim the Church’s witness in the world. Biblical truth and wisdom are the highest love for human beings. While God loves justice and mercy for all, many “social justice” campaigns are politically crafted and not the true Gospel. Only the truth of our sin, both personal and systemic, and Jesus’ atoning sacrifice for our salvation and rebirth, is true hope for persons and nations. The gospel charges all things with hope.
Consider some of the consequences of Progressive political activism over the past eight years:
- A growth industry trafficking in human baby organs and body parts – funded and defended by the Democratic Party.
- The abandonment of a biblical view of marriage that protected and liberated children and adults from centuries of pagan slavery, poverty, polygamy and non-life-giving sexuality.
- The Transgender agenda imposed by Obama-government edict, including gender re-education to be forced on our citizens, businesses, schools, military and churches.
- Doubling of our national debt, economic stagnation and increased welfare dependency.
- Increased minority unemployment, poverty and violent inner city lawlessness, with an accompanying loss of opportunity, self-determination and family stability.
- Heightened racial division and tension, and the growing phenomenon of paid demonstrators being recruited and dispatched to instigate protests that often become riots.
- Open borders and ‘sanctuary’ cities increasing drugs, disease, crime, gangs and terrorism.
- Forced refugee resettlement in hundreds of American cities without citizen consent, mandated by the federal government in collusion with the United Nations. “Refugees” are primarily non-assimilating Muslims, while authorities reject persecuted Christians.
- Hostility towards Judeo-Christian religious liberty in our courts, media and universities including the suppression of conservative speakers, free thought and moral education.
- The widespread, political use of the IRS to intimidate conservative, patriotic and Christian groups that disagree with the current political establishment.
After such demoralization and pain, why would any religious leader ask Christians to embrace a Progressive political agenda that is clearly anti-Christian?
At a time when many Christian ministries are struggling, a few of the Soros network “faith” and “interfaith” grantees are Jim Wallis of Sojourners, Richard Cizik’s New Evangelical Partnership, Telos, J Street to malign Israel, “ Catholics in Alliance for the Common Good, Faithful AmericaandGamaliel. Faith in Public Life to “counter” Christians and the Tea Party in the media and, withPICO, advocate for amnesty, mass Islamic migration, and even to attempt to influence the visit and priorities of Pope Francis himself. Billions of additional dollars to “Christian VOLAGs” for large scale “refugee” and migrant resettlement come from the Obama administration.
Joining “faith” fronts, the Soros network also funds thousands of other collaborators and projects that suggest a pattern and goal to demoralize America
…Please stop inviting fellow believers to assist global profiteers and political activists who are determined to de-Christianize America. Please repent, refuse funding and turn away from those who attack the Church and injure the nation.
Only the Gospel restores hope. Let us return to the whole counsel of Scripture, not the political abuse of Scripture. Together, we can commit to healing, wisdom and renewal of our faith and culture. Let’s stimulate humility and gratitude, not pride and entitlement. Let’s see the image of God in people and enable the virtuous cycle of creativity, opportunity, work, productivity, wealth and thus greater voluntary generosity. (We will explore solutions at AmericanEvangelicals.org)
To the Church in every nation, now is the time to pray, to speak and to act with Godly courage. If America continues to fall, the mission of the global Church also suffers. We are bound together. Let us stand together.