Today’s program is packed with information Christians and especially parents must hear regarding the school system in America. In this education update, we get the latest from university professor, Dr. Duke Pesta, who shares some practical advice with those considering attending college. Issues we tackle include:
- the increasing threats on free speech at the university level
- Antifa, anarchy, and earth muffins on college campuses
- why college dorms are even worse than the classroom (hint: think 1960’s on steroids)
- anti-American history, progressive ideology, anti-Capitalism, and anti-Christian themes are the norm
- diminishing parental rights, limited abilities to opt children out of controversial sexually-charged classes
- gender ideology goes against biology and science, but that won’t stop the transgender train
- how the school textbooks and tests have changed and standards have decreased dramatically
In our third segment today, we go back to the basics: the Bible. Freedom Project is offering a family lecture series and Duke Pesta finishes up the Gospel of John tonight, available on line for free.
Besides its revered place among the four canonical gospels, the Gospel of John is also one of the most moving and sublime accounts in human history of the interaction and deep connection between this world and the next, between material reality and metaphysical Truth. More than the synoptic gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke) John emphasizes Christ’s divinity, foregrounding the omnipotent Creator at work within and through the flesh and blood of the very human Savior, Jesus of Nazareth.