Ask Mike anything! No topic is off limits. Every Friday, we tackle tough questions and challenges that believers are going through. Here are some of this week’s comments:
- How do we determine the difference between a person/church leader being wrong, embracing heresy, or an apostate?
- The church we attend has no youth group and our pastor said we could start one at home. We’re having a hard time finding a new church that teaches the hows and whys along with sound doctrine. Advice?
- The sad abortion law passed in New York is a testimony to the evil that has gripped America. When the church cowers for fear of public opinion or government, it ceases to be a church and becomes a lapdog for immorality.
- Have you noticed a shift in Christian music from pointing to God to being more catchy and entertaining, from vertical worship to horizontal “worship”?
- What is the best way to leave a church – quietly or letting people know why you decided to leave?
Apostasy is the formal disaffiliation from, or abandonment or renunciation of a religion by a person. It can also be defined within the broader context of embracing an opinion contrary to one’s previous beliefs. Heresy is any belief or theory that is strongly at variance with established beliefs or customs, in particular the accepted beliefs of a church or religious organization. A heretic is a proponent of such claims or beliefs.
Then the Lord said,“Because this people draw near with their words And honor Me with their lip service, But they remove their hearts far from Me, And their reverence for Me consists of tradition learned by rote, 14 Therefore behold, I will once again deal marvelously with this people, wondrously marvelous; And the wisdom of their wise men will perish, And the discernment of their discerning men will be concealed. Isaiah 29:13-14
For am I now seeking the favor of men, or of God? Or am I striving to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a bond-servant of Christ. Galatians 1:10
*THIS SUNDAY: Wisconsin friends are invited to join Stand Up for the Truth co-host, David Fiorazo as he is officially announced as Associate Pastor of Freedom Fellowship Church in Kaukauna, WI.