Pastors and elders are called to be strong, loving, spiritually mature men that guard and protect the flock of Jesus Christ assigned to them. They are to stand and fight against disguised wolves that bring false doctrines into the church, guarding the people Jesus has entrusted to them. But a growing number of Christians are seeing that biblical job description morphing into something completely different, where some pastors are corporate leaders and CEOs instead of teachers, nurturers and protectors. This is one of the many subjects on the minds of our listeners in today’s Q&A podcast.
Here are some of today’s topics and comments:
- What is the difference between a pastor and a preacher?
- Abortion is a sin of a woman as well as a man, and pastors must not be silent on this issue
- The ongoing cover-up and crisis in the Catholic Church
- Why do you not recommend Sarah Young’s “Jesus Calling” devotional
- Six families in one church decide to leave due to soft teachings & church growth philosophy
- Why not be part of a home church and attend a small, local church as well?
- Can practicing homosexuals or “gay Christians” enter heaven?
- Did the Apostle Paul have perfect doctrine?
- What does the Bible say about Christians and the Sabbath?