Rev. White is the founder and CEO of Dispensational Publishing House. He also teaches Bible online through Randy White Ministries, and pastors the Taos (NM) First Baptist Church. Rev. White hosts an excellent Thursday evening Bible Study online that you can do here.
Our nation is at a serious crossroad with some big decisions to make. Politically, the gulf between Conservative and Liberal has grown big, nasty and probably no longer reconcilable, meaning compromise is probably a thing of the past. With studies showing a large percentage of younger people viewing Socialism favorably, our nation will most likely continue to be fundamentally transformed to the far left, just as former President Obama promised. Morally, socially, and economically our nation is starting to look radically different than fifty or a hundred years ago.
Too many Christian Churches in America seem more willing to embrace secular culture instead of fighting against immorality. Along with a leftist media, education system, and entertainment industry, government is now starting to badger and intimidate Christians into silence. Because of this, we might expect a coming major schism within American churches being divided into two camps: Those faithful to God and His Word and those who submit to “Caesar” to maintain his favor and protection.
Pastor Randy White joins us to discuss the major debates we face economically, politically and spiritually in this nation. The conclusions could define our future.
Top Five Debates in the Evangelical World (#1 is most important).
- What is required for salvation?
- Does God select some to be saved, and irresistibly save them?
- How much of the Torah Law applies to today’s Christian life?
- How do the end times unfold?
- Can a saved person lose their salvation?
Top Five Debates in the Political World (#1 is most important).
- Do individual rights or societal rights take precedent?
- Should we continue a republic or have a democracy?
- Is regulation, legislation, or judicial decree the best way to govern?
- That is, what should be the division of powers between the Executive, Legislative, or Judicial branches?
- What are state’s rights and what rights are superseded by the Federal government?
- Should we continue with a two-party system, and are their alternatives?
Top Five Debates in the Economic World (#1 is most important).
- Is a planned economy or a free economy the most beneficial for society?
- Do the rich have a governmental obligation to provide for the poor?
- i.e.: should “each according to his ability” be regulated?
- When is taxation appropriate and how should it be collected?
- Is there a level of “living wage” that should be guaranteed to every person in society?
- Does an individual have certain economic benefits that are in the category of human rights?